lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #1
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default ITS question

Men I have a 2004 PDS ez go 36 volt golf cart with a 300 amp altrax controller.
It has an intermittent problem that I can't find. I know they are hard to find.
I have a meter attached ITS and It goes from about 10 volt to 6 volts.
when gas peddle is pushed. Sometime It will stay at 9 or 8 volts but cart does not stop. M- and B- goes from 38 to 0 (so far it has not stopped running when I have been driving it)
Now question can the ITS cause a cart to just stop with this kind of voltage reading?? are they always supost to back down the same reading each time?
I have change the controller and solenoid. Didn't help.
Just looking for anything to fix the cart. If you have an Ideal, Just let me know.

Sonny
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2016, 10:21 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ITS question

The ITS voltage should always return to the same voltage when the pedal is all the way up and go down to the same voltage when pedal is full depressed. The 10V up and 6V down is normal, but the 9V/8V isn't unless the pedal is steadily being held nearly all the way up.

If the solenoid stays activated when cart misbehaves and slows to a standstill, it could be the ITS, but it could be some other things also. Controller overheating will shut it down, so will low battery. Check for any error code flashed by the LED when it misbehaves.

The ITS sensor is a sealed unit, but the potting compound shrinks as it ages and hairline crack develop, making it vulnerable to water and humidity.

Also, if the is an inline connector between the pedal box cable and cart's wiring harness, strange things happen when connector get wet.

Plus, the DCX to PDS adapter is susceptible to water and humidity. (If it is a DCX rather than an XCT)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 02:11 PM   #3
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB
I have been having trouble with this problem for sometime. I have never had it fail on me. But it act funny. The voltage is normal most of the time. I have had 3 meters hook up for sometime checking all voltages. Can't find any of them out of order. Only thing out of place is the ITS. It is not stable, sometime. I think I will take your advise and change the ITS and see if that help. Nothing to lose.
Ended up trading cart with her, so it's my problem now.

Thanks
sonny
Old 08-24-2016, 02:15 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have a new one I'll sell reasonable if you email me.... email if you want one.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Do the alltrax controls work natively with the ITS? Or is there a converter in the harness/adapter to map it to 0-5v?
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #6
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty
I have a new. I now wondering, what all kind of problems an ITS can cause.

Sonny
Old 08-25-2016, 07:39 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
Do the alltrax controls work natively with the ITS? Or is there a converter in the harness/adapter to map it to 0-5v?
The Alltrax controllers work directly with the ITS sensor, all the DCX to PDS adapter does is connect J4 Pins 3 & 4 in the PDS cart's wiring harness to Pins 1 & 2 on top of the DCX controller.

As to whether it works natively or not depends on how natively is defined.

The ITS sensor in the pedal box is only part of the ITS circuit, the rest of it is inside the controller and different controllers do different things to get different results from the same ITS sensor. For example, the ITS voltages for a PDS cart (Curtis 1206MX controller) are different than the are for a DCX cart (Curtis 1206SX controller). Basically, your have to know which controller is being used to know what the correct ITS voltages are.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:11 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysmith View Post
Thanks Scotty
I have a new. I now wondering, what all kind of problems an ITS can cause.

Sonny
If you have a new ITS test the signal at the ITS..... then test the signal at the control. If the test results differ between the ITS unit and the control then the wires and connectors are the only logical source of your trouble as Johnnie has said
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:58 PM   #9
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a new one to install, when I do, I'll check it out.

Thanks
Sonny
Old 08-29-2016, 11:53 AM   #10
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The Alltrax controllers work directly with the ITS sensor, all the DCX to PDS adapter does is connect J4 Pins 3 & 4 in the PDS cart's wiring harness to Pins 1 & 2 on top of the DCX controller.

As to whether it works natively or not depends on how natively is defined.

The ITS sensor in the pedal box is only part of the ITS circuit, the rest of it is inside the controller and different controllers do different things to get different results from the same ITS sensor. For example, the ITS voltages for a PDS cart (Curtis 1206MX controller) are different than the are for a DCX cart (Curtis 1206SX controller). Basically, your have to know which controller is being used to know what the correct ITS voltages are.
I would define native as the input from the ITS based on the supply from the control results in 0~100% throttle with no need for external circuits or internal modifications (PCB jumpers or low level programming excluded). Some of the controls I've dug around in do work with both but need some components swapped out or firmware programming adjustments to change over from a 5v to an ITS.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO