lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2016, 01:36 AM   #1
kherriage
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart will not move forward but will in reverse.

I have a 2006 PDS that, while up on stands, will sometimes rotate the tires forward a few rotations then beep once and stops. Then It might not do anything in forward when the accelerator is pressed many times. It will always rotate the tires in reverse. I noticed that the solenoid makes a click in reverse but not in forward even when the tire turns. I’ve run the diags and the buzzer beep twice for the performance option then no more beeps.
I get some variable voltage readings on P3 of J1 and correct voltage on P2 of J1. I also noticed that there is no resistor across the solenoid which I thought was strange.
The cart belongs to a friend of mine so I’m trying to fix it for him.
Any Ideas would be very helpful.
kherriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2016, 07:14 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart will not move forward but will in reverse.

If you have (+) power to pin 2 or3 and the cart will not go forward or reverse (see diagram) then the controller has failed and must be replaced. Best choice replacement for PDS is Alltrax XCT400PDS (for general use with stock motor)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo PDS solenoid activation diagram.jpg (148.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #3
kherriage
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart will not move forward but will in reverse.

Thanks Scotty,

I think I've found the problem. The voltage on pin 2 of J1 was battery pack voltage but on pin 3 of J1 it was just floating around. I finally got my head out of my rear and check the switch at the controller and found the forward switch position open. I had not thought about checking that at the controller and was really waiting until the last thing before I drilled those rivets out to get at the switch. I finally did and confirmed that the switch was bad. A lot of wasted time chasing this problem because the controller would turn the wheels ever once in a while. Still don't understand that but the solenoid would not close and the wheels would turn with no load, sometimes. Strange!
Maybe this will help someone else also.
Keith
kherriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO