lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2018, 07:55 PM   #11
schepc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car DS goes really slow

So I assume since it goes 8mph it’s in speed setting one. Is there a way for myself to change that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
schepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2018, 08:22 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You could also have a "Welded Solenoid" which would put You in limp mode as well.

First make sure You hear the Solenoid "click" once you press the pedal and not when you turn the key ON.

With the pedal UP, Measure the voltage between the two Solenoid big posts (where the pre-charge resistor is also connected) to make sure You have a couple of volts.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:28 PM   #13
schepc
Not Yet Wild

The cart beeps and has resistance when I push it so can the speed sensor still be bad even though it does this... tomorrow I’m going to look at the solenoid to see if it clicks when I push the pedal...also the other day when I was driving it the cart stopped suddenly In the road and I had to turn the key off and on a couple times and move the forward reverse switch a couple times and then it started going good again...also I don’t know if this means anything or not but my reverse beeper will go in and off sometimes when I go in reverse

Old 06-29-2018, 11:19 PM   #14
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Believe it or not I've come across many who have put 6 volt batteries in a DS IQ and are caught completely unaware of it, and bring it to us assuming the cart has failed only to find out they just got the wrong batteries in it. Do yours have 3 caps or 4 each?

This will cause it to act real slow, and the charger I've been told 'acts all weird' (never wanted to risk blowing an OBC trying to determine what 'acting all weird' means)
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:04 AM   #15
schepc
Not Yet Wild

It has 4 caps. Also I’m going to plan on trying and figure out what’s going on with it today. Is there a way to go through and test all the electrical parts to see what’s wrong?

Old 06-30-2018, 11:56 AM   #16
schepc
Not Yet Wild

So I looked at the solenoid and when I press the gas no clicking and it won’t drive. If I take the blue/white wire and unhook it and then run another wire to a ground instead the cart goes this is the way it was wired when I got the cart. Does anyone have any idea what is going on then with this bc that’s not how it should be wired.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:07 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by schepc View Post
Does anyone have any idea what is going on then with this bc that’s not how it should be wired.
The blue and white wire going to the solenoid small post is coming from the controller and is how the energizing coil is pulled low (negative). Someone has installed a jumper wire to supply the "Negative" to the solenoid since the controller has most likely failed internally within the negative activation circuit.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:10 PM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
So I looked at the solenoid and when I press the gas no clicking and it won’t drive. If I take the blue/white wire and unhook it and then run another wire to a ground instead the cart goes this is the way it was wired when I got the cart. Does anyone have any idea what is going on then with this bc that’s not how it should be wired.

Have you bypassed the microswitch in the MCOR? One of two things is happening here. Either the MCOR isn't providing power to the solenoid to make it switch the solenoid on, or the controller has failed. Scenario 1 would be a bad micro switch in the MCOR. In the event, replace the MCOR. To test this, unplug the two pin connector from the MCOR and jump the blue wire to the green wire together within the connector with a piece of wire or a paperclip and try to run the car. If it works with the jumper in place, the MCOR is your issue.

Scenario 2:

It also sounds like the solenoid driver in the controller has failed. If the solenoid clicks and works when you provide 48V negative to the coil post like you describe then the solenoid is fine. Your controller is unable to do this as it should. I've seen these fail randomly from time to time, but most commonly this happens when the coil suppression diode on the solenoid has failed. The OEM solenoid doesn't have one on an IQ car, but the service replacement 101908701 solenoid does. If your solenoid has a diode on it, replace solenoid and/or diode before you replace the controller or you'll be doing this all over again.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:23 PM   #19
schepc
Not Yet Wild

The solenoid only clicks when I turn the key on not when I push the accelerator. And this only happens if the solenoid is grounded with a desperate wire not the blue white wire but I will try the test on the mcor first

Old 06-30-2018, 12:25 PM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
The solenoid only clicks when I turn the key on not when I push the accelerator. And this only happens if the solenoid is grounded with a desperate wire not the blue white wire but I will try the test on the mcor first

I understand that. But that's not how it's supposed to work. Based on the description of your wiring, that is how I would expect it to work. My test procedures are referencing a vehicle that is wired correctly. It sounds like someone has wired it this way because of one of the two things I described. Hook it up correctly before you do any testing. Otherwise your tests don't tell us anything.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car