lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2018, 09:07 PM   #1
Bull800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent rhox bmf

I am looking at getting a rhox bmf 6in lift for my 08 precedent. I haven't found much on them. I have a 6 in spindle lift that has been nothing but a pain. I know the a arm lift is best and would like some information from someone who actually has this lift.
Bull800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2018, 08:10 AM   #2
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Precedent rhox bmf

I've got the Rhox 6" on my '14 Precedent and have no complaints. It looks to be very robust and well made, and was easy to install.

Although, if I had to do it all over again, I would probably go with the Jake's lift as I am wanting to install front disc brakes. Jake's has the only front brake kit that I have seen and they only work with Jake's lift kits. If you don't think you will add front brakes in the future, I don't think you will be disappointed with the Rhox lift kit.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

FYI, the Jake's front disc brakes work with more than just the Jake's lift kits.

They have been used on All Sports kits and Stretch Plastics LT kits without problem from what I've seen. The spindles are included with the Jake's brake kit and I'm sure they can replace a lot of different brands since spindles are very similar from brand to brand.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:59 PM   #4
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
FYI, the Jake's front disc brakes work with more than just the Jake's lift kits.

They have been used on All Sports kits and Stretch Plastics LT kits without problem from what I've seen. The spindles are included with the Jake's brake kit and I'm sure they can replace a lot of different brands since spindles are very similar from brand to brand.
Well that's good news. Maybe my Rhox spindles will work...
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull800 View Post
I am looking at getting a rhox bmf 6in lift for my 08 precedent. I haven't found much on them. I have a 6 in spindle lift that has been nothing but a pain. I know the a arm lift is best and would like some information from someone who actually has this lift.
The RHOX BMF kit is very strong. I like them. I just installed 10 of them a few weeks ago for a customer in Florida.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #6
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The RHOX BMF kit is very strong. I like them. I just installed 10 of them a few weeks ago for a customer in Florida.
Will front brakes work well on a RHOX 4" lift?
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think my only concern with the BMF kit is it's a bit stiff for average use. I wouldn't install it to just run around the campground, etc. If off roading then I would do it in a heartbeat.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
Will front brakes work well on a RHOX 4" lift?
I'm not sure. I've never used any front wheel brakes on anything.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:02 PM   #9
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I'm not sure. I've never used any front wheel brakes on anything.
David ...does the Rhox bmf ride any stiffer than the Allsports or Jakes a arm lift? I gotta get my cart to you asap for the controller swap and may look at changing lifts as well ...does the Rhox bmf have better quality bushings than Jakes ? replacing cheap a arm bushings from Jakes is getting a little old but they may all use cheap bushings which is why I ask.

Thanks
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:04 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbooz View Post
David ...does the Rhox bmf ride any stiffer than the Allsports or Jakes a arm lift? I gotta get my cart to you asap for the controller swap and may look at changing lifts as well ...does the Rhox bmf have better quality bushings than Jakes ? replacing cheap a arm bushings from Jakes is getting a little old but they may all use cheap bushings which is why I ask.

Thanks

It’s stiffer. It has a triple leaf spring. Can’t speak for the bushings. Every car I’ve put the RHOX kit on has been shipped out of state and I’ve never seen them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car