lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2018, 03:23 PM   #11
greg-g
Gone Wild

Default Re: Speed and breaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlettcustomcarts View Post
How do you suppose i blew off his response to me. He attacked me by saying don't come here to ask these questions as a new shop owner. Now isnt that what this forum is for?
Don’t let it bother you there are guys on here selling speed magnets that turn off the regenerative braking or raise the speed at which it works and this person has never said anything to them about insurance or anything else
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #12
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
Don’t let it bother you there are guys on here selling speed magnets that turn off the regenerative braking or raise the speed at which it works and this person has never said anything to them about insurance or anything else
You always got something smart to say, don't you greg-g
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #13
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Been using my cart EVERYDAY in all kinds of weather, mud, snow storms, and even ice and have NEVER have wanted to turn off the regen. It is FAR more controllable on slippery, even icy conditions than the brakes alone. I can't fathom any condition when it is not an asset.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #14
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

The way I took the response is, say some guy buys a new cart, brings it to you and ask you to change the regen braking to light. Let's say he lives in a hilly curves area. Going down the hill the cart get away from him he flips the cart. Insurance company pulls the cart in and finds someone changed the factory setting. The go after the machanic who worked on it. You could be sued or what ever. Also this could void a warranty.

It is very unlikely this would ever happen, but it could and you need to be aware and understand your risk. Same with cars or anything else. You really want to see how bad it can get look at aviation. They sue everybody that build a part that failed, plus anybody that touched it in the process of installing it.

Enjoy your new hobby and be sure you understand what you are doing when you work on someone's cart. Make sure you install all warning labels when you put a lift on a cart etc.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #15
greg-g
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
The way I took the response is, say some guy buys a new cart, brings it to you and ask you to change the regen braking to light. Let's say he lives in a hilly curves area. Going down the hill the cart get away from him he flips the cart. Insurance company pulls the cart in and finds someone changed the factory setting. The go after the machanic who worked on it. You could be sued or what ever. Also this could void a warranty.

It is very unlikely this would ever happen, but it could and you need to be aware and understand your risk. Same with cars or anything else. You really want to see how bad it can get look at aviation. They sue everybody that build a part that failed, plus anybody that touched it in the process of installing it.

Enjoy your new hobby and be sure you understand what you are doing when you work on someone's cart. Make sure you install all warning labels when you put a lift on a cart etc.
How can you possibly make statements like this all of the settings in these OEM controllers are factory settings he can’t change it to anything but what is put in to the controller By the manufactures engineers
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:49 PM   #16
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

You cant turn the regen off, but you can turn it down. The anti-roll away will always be there.

Ill add, learn all you can about golf carts quick, otherwise your going to be changing parts on customers cars and hoping it fixes them. Golf cars are not easy for a newbie. I see guys with 10-15 years of experience, do crap work because they learned the wrong way right from the beginning.
The best advice I can give, is don't worry about the money, just do the job right with proper ethics. Youll make a very good living if you do. Become a "parts changer" and youll be like so many out there. Good luck
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:03 PM   #17
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
How do you suppose i blew off his response to me. He attacked me by saying don't come here to ask these questions as a new shop owner. Now isnt that what this forum is for?
Quote:

As far as breaking what does that have to do with anything?
Now you’re being “attacked”? Why not just remove the brakes all together? Who needs ‘em?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
How can you possibly make statements like this all of the settings in these OEM controllers are factory settings he can’t change it to anything but what is put in to the controller By the manufactures engineers
Call Clubcar as a "not factory authorized golf cart shop" and ask them to sell you any programmer whatsoever. Please record the conversation so we all can get a laugh!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #19
catlettcustomcarts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Call Clubcar as a "not factory authorized golf cart shop" and ask them to sell you any programmer whatsoever. Please record the conversation so we all can get a laugh!
Ordered one off line all day long called a curtis 1313. No need to call the dealer.
catlettcustomcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:33 PM   #20
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Ordered one off line all day long called a curtis 1313. No need to call the dealer.
= Unauthorized modifications. Not saying that hasn't been done before...

No one is "supposed" to get -4401 handsets. What is yours? (1313-####)

-1101 is the lamest handset
-4401 is the strongest handset

All levels above -4401 are offered by PC only as far as I know.

This is all stuff you need to know when you don't want to sound dumb in a conversation.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car