lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #11
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Hunting Buggy

You're right about that, the last thing you want to do is let the smoke out of a motor.
You could probably screw or glue a 1/2" piece of ply wood or 1/2" cutting board to the inside to keep it from contacting the terminals.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #12
golferjw1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck View Post
I'm also running a GE Industrial motor but mine is a 7HP version. Like Doug said you cannot cover the vents. There is a biult in cooling fan on this style motor. I've pushed the envelope with mine http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr358/flecksezgo/and I'll try to post picts. After dragging it out of the water she still ran great8.
Wow that is taking it into some deep water. Looks like that had to submerge the motor in water. Obviously I will not set out to submerge the motor but atleast I know there is a chance it will still keep kicking.

Placing some wood as a buffer is a great idea. I was thinking the splash shield would also help guard sticks from messing with my wires. Thanks for the help guys.

One more question, with this new motor, if my cart is moving, even the slightest bit, in reverse and I try to go forward it will not go. I tried reprogramming my Alltrax in all variations and cannot change this. Is this a safety feature of the motor or do I need to keep messing with the controller? When I had my PQ motor it was not a problem and the controller is set the same. I know it is bad for a motor to change direction and do not intend to do this, but if I am in the woods and on a hill, I would like to go up the hill and not to the bottom before coming up again.

I will look up the color numbers.
golferjw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #13
jmscalf
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Hunting Buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferjw1 View Post
Forgot Pictures

You have anymore pics of that cart? I am falling in love with it!

jmscalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
golferjw1
Not Yet Wild

I think I have some action pictures on my camera, which is at the house. I will try and load them up tomorrow.

Along with the paint code numbers... I kinda forgot about those... Sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010072.jpg (96.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg P1010073.jpg (96.9 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg P1010076.jpg (67.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg P1010067.jpg (78.1 KB, 70 views)
Old 04-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #15
sbarnes
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Found this post in a search. looks great, did you have trouble with painting the roof?
sbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:47 AM   #16
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What about all the other electrical connections under your seat in addition to the motor connection studs (shouldn't be submerging those) and the speed controller. Those two components should dictate the water depth you can ford. If the water is high enough to reach the motor vents then the motor connections are probably shorted anyway.
You have probably already done this... rotate the motor so the vents are in the up position (not recommended as these holes also let out what got in, but at least have the motor studs on the up side.
Dennis
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #17
golferjw1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarnes View Post
Found this post in a search. looks great, did you have trouble with painting the roof?
No trouble really. Obviously, I removed the roof and painted it on a table. The cart has made it through the hunting seasons in South MS with little problems. I was very suprised with how well the paint has held up. I tortured the cart driving through the woods, down overgrown roads, through tree tops, etc and there has only been 1 extremely small area where the paint has chipped off. I am going to put another coat or two of wax on it to protect it, but I feel ready for next year.

I built some homemade racks for the front and rear, I need to remember to post some pictures of them on the site.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #18
Kydog
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I getting ready to put together a hunting buggie and I'm curious why you changed from a PQ to the GE motor?
Kydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #19
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Great paint job!!! I am feeling better about doing my paint job this weekend.
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #20
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is an awesome Camo Job.
oletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO