lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
tc5210
Not Yet Wild

Default new to ev. charger ???'s

Hello to all.

I just bought a 2000 club car with a powerdriver charger. it is the early model.

i have driven it for a few hours and went to charge it last night before dinner. after dinner the wife wanted to go for a ride so I disconnected the charger, put the key in and battery light came on, and the cart would not move, back up beeper in reverse but no go. is this normal for a cart that just came off the charger. do the chargers drain then fill the batterys? Thanks in advance for any help.

Signed, confused, and not well educated in golf cars.

tc5210
tc5210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new to ev. charger ???'s

No they do not. But they do charge them above there normal levels and they settle on the finishing cycle. It is possible that the cart will run after a while. A few hours of actual peddle time is too much. Recharge after 30-90 minutes of drive time.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
tc5210
Not Yet Wild

My actual run time of a few hours were 1/2 hour here and there over the past few days, they were not all at one time. So to understand you correctly, the batterys need to " cool down" after charging for some time before cart will work? or did i inturrupt a charge cycle? Still confused.

tc5210
Old 09-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

No it should go , If the battery light came on while driving that is a different story.
Put it on the charger until it cuts off automatically (up to 16 Hours)
If you don't have a digital Volt meter get one, this it like having a screw driver , it's something you cannot do without.
30 Minutes after charger has cut off measure Battery Pack Voltage from the + lead on Battery #1 to the - lead on battery #6.
Post results here
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
tc5210
Not Yet Wild

Thank you both, Gmorrison and Scottyb, for answering. I plugged the cart back in overnight and checked it the next day. It ran like it should. At your recommendation I will be picking up a digital volt meter this weekend, for answers/ numbers for future questions. Thanks again.

tc5210
Old 09-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

NO Problem , hang around and Pay it Forward
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car