lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #1
craigbreedlove
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default battery cable kits

I want order a battery cable kit for my 4 seater cart. wires keep burning at the connectors. I think that there is a lot of internal damage. My question is that the kit you order do they have the extra length for the extended length of the cart? If not I will just get a roll of 4 gauge wire and a bunch of connectors.
craigbreedlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
GarageBuilt
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: battery cable kits

Make your own. Dont for get about the motor cables.
GarageBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
craigbreedlove
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will order wire through work. Does anyone have an idea of about how many feet I will need? I can get the terminals for $10 for 25.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

With a cart like yours, you need to make your own. Take a tape measure out and measure each cable. Write down your numbers. Add a little length to each just to ensure that you have enough.

You will need 4 gauge welding cable. It is very easy to find online. You will also need the proper connectors (again, write them down for each cable) and you will have to decide whether to swedge the connector ends or solder them (or both). Lots of debate on what's the best way to go, and I won't get into it. Search the forum and you'll have plenty to read about how to do custom cables. I swedged mine and then coated the connection with liquid tape (available at Lowe's or Home Depot).
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
craigbreedlove
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

didn't think about different size connectors. Will do what you said. I have looked and have not found a difinitive answere. Is there a heavy duty or upgraded selonoid and resistor that can be bought for my resistor cart?
Old 10-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #6
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

You don't need a H/S solenoid and resistor unless you plan on upping the voltage of the cart. If you have a 36V cart, a stock 36V solenoid will work just fine and cost a lot less than the H/D version.

Changing from 6 gauge to 4 gauge cables simply allows electrical current to flow more freely (less resistance). Less resistance = less heat, less strain on the system.

The proper connector size is important as well. Again, I would suggest that you make a diagram of your electrical system. You will need this for reference once you start removing wires and cables..
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car