lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #11
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: Fully charge but no power

my Bad , I A55umed

So does it act any different if you Jump across the large luggs on the Solinoid ?
Did you replace OBC with exact matching #'s for old OBC, they made more than 1
OBC and I am not sure they are interchangable ? ScottyB ?
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #12
j4872
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input.

I will double check the wiring on the controller as suggested, but I only replaced wires on one terminal post so I am skeptical that this is the source.

To clarify, it ran before installing the OBC.

The reason for replacing the OBC was that it had sporatic charging and would stop charging once it warmed up.

Now it charges fine but won't run with the wheels on the ground.

Thanks
Judge
j4872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #13
j4872
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for input.

I will try testing across the large lugs of the solenoid and recheck wiring on the controller.

To clarify it ran before replacing the OBC. The OBC was faulty in that it would sporatic charge and shut off once it warmed up.

With rear end lifted it reuns full throtle, but with wheels on ground , no movement.

Thanks
Judge
Old 10-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Several darned obc made and not interchangable... there is a wire from the obc to the solenoid? I would have to see your diagram can you post it here?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #15
j4872
Not Yet Wild

Jumping the 2 large lugs on the solenoid, made no difference.

Wiring as per diagram in forum STICKY is identical to mine and all wire colors match.

voltage incoming to ( red) solenoid 19.6v, out of solenoid ( yellow) on other large lug 19.5V, green wire out of controller 19.4 v. of course it is on same post as Yellow coming in)

Not sure what other out post to check on controller to see if voltage coming out of controller is same?

Thanks
Judge
Old 10-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #16
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

how are you measuring power.is your black lead on #6 batt neg,what is your full batt pack voltage,red lead to #1 pos and black to #6 neg,and the solenoid is clicking right ???Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #17
j4872
Not Yet Wild

The batt pack from blk neg (rear battery drivers side) to red + (rear batt pass side) reads 51.4 volt s with no charger plugged in since last night.

The solenoid clicks very loud and performs the same when jumping the 2 large posts on the solenoid.

The 19 volt #'s were from putting the red volt meter wire on the red wire coming off the postive post of the rear bat on pass. side ( as above) and then continuing to follow the path of wires and continued to get similar readings in the 18-19 v range. Not sure if that is a correct procedure however
Old 10-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #18
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

all voltage checks are from black to #6 batt neg,the terminal that goes thru the obc,and the red to what ever you are trying to check unless a specific test calls for you to use a differant negitive.Recheck that way and you should see batt pac voltage.Dave
Old 10-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #19
j4872
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the guidance, a electricrical expert I am not.

I rechecked all the wires coming into the solenoid and leaving the solenoid with the black volt meter lead to the black lead from the battery to the controller. Everything read 51-51.4 volts. Even at the forward switch and the large wires going to the motor. from the controller were reading 15volts

Should the output volts on the controller change if I depress the accelerator?

How can I test to see if it is failing?

Thanks
Judge
Old 10-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #20
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Like I said the other day,you need the book,I'll look at the book in the AM and see if I give you direction without wearing out my 2 little fingers(a typist I'm not).Scotty b and I had no luck trying to e-mail or PDF(no computor wiz either).Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car