lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #11
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Conversion

Your welcome, was just a thought for a cheep fix.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2009, 02:20 AM   #12
Tom New
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Conversion

Well I will try to give you some info on our ac. conversion:
My neighbor called and asked if I would help him do the conversion in my garage as it is a surprise Christmas present for his family Since I am retired (retarded)and have time on my hands "yea Right"when we started the cart was a bear frame, power washed, all panels off, all cables and components off. We started by replacing stock 3.10v DC motor with the new 3 Phase Ac motor Easy exchange! the instructions that come with the kit are actually very good Next step, did a complete 6" lift kit, new shocks, new wheels, new bushings ect.
Next the component mounting On the vertical aluminum plate under/behind the front seats. front passenger side = new controller (it is rather large) driver side = original OBC. Back side of same panel gets a Fuse mount for the 300amp main fuse to the positive side of the batteries with a little room in that area left over we added a electric winch controller (not in kit) to control winch unit to be mounted later under front bumper
Next installed the cool polished stainless dash panel which has a hi low speed range sw. key switch digital meter which gives battery in %, speed, ect and a hole for battery warning light which we did use. Note: at this point we added a switch hidden under the frame to prevent the hi speed switch from working. This is not part of the factory kit, but because the youngsters will be driving the cart, 25-27 mph may be to much for them.
Will continue at later date if anyone is interested! also will try to post some pix and the diagram for the wiring which is hard to get unless u buy this conversion. I might add that this is a rather pricey deal plus about 40= Man hours.
Tom New is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dc. to ac.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car