lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
bdmonist
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Best electric motor kit?

KDawg - I read on another site where you indicated it was a waste to go with larger than a 500 amp controller due to battery output? Can you explain this? Can all the battery's put out is 500 amp or so and a larger controller won't do you any good? Thanks in advance.

Brian
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
Charlotte515
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmonist View Post
KDawg - I read on another site where you indicated it was a waste to go with larger than a 500 amp controller due to battery output? Can you explain this? Can all the battery's put out is 500 amp or so and a larger controller won't do you any good? Thanks in advance.

Brian
I am putting an altrax 650 amp controller with a used D&D 10.1 hp motor.
In the shop now, couple of questions: looking for about 30mph with stock tires, but are thinking about these tires.

http://www.sickntwisteddesigns.net/itpss10821lo.html

I don't want to add a lift kit or 8:1 gear set any idea what the performance will be? 96 club DS 48 volt, HD solinoid, HD F/R switch, dbl 4 guage wires, new US red top bats.
Charlotte515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #13
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The wheel/tire combo you showed is the same height as a stock GC tire, so unless the D&D motor is a high RPM unit, you won't go any faster than stock. What is the RPM rating of the motor at the voltage you are running?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #14
Charlotte515
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
The wheel/tire combo you showed is the same height as a stock GC tire, so unless the D&D motor is a high RPM unit, you won't go any faster than stock. What is the RPM rating of the motor at the voltage you are running?
Sorry my notes on the model number are at the office, I will have to reply tomorrow, thanks anyway
Old 01-04-2010, 03:15 AM   #15
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

it all depends on what you want to spend really. my cart goes 29 with stock sized tires and gears and will spin the tires and im only at 48v...
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #16
K-DAWG
Gone Wild

Yea, the guys at D&D motors told me it was a waste of money to go any bigger than 500 amps if I am gonna run 8 volt batteries. They would not support anything any bigger.
K-DAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 AM   #17
wtruax
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte515 View Post
I am putting an altrax 650 amp controller with a used D&D 10.1 hp motor.
In the shop now, couple of questions: looking for about 30mph with stock tires, but are thinking about these tires.

http://www.sickntwisteddesigns.net/itpss10821lo.html

I don't want to add a lift kit or 8:1 gear set any idea what the performance will be? 96 club DS 48 volt, HD solinoid, HD F/R switch, dbl 4 guage wires, new US red top bats.
Charolette,
Where did u get your HD F/R switch
wtruax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #18
Charlotte515
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtruax View Post
Charolette,
Where did u get your HD F/R switch
On order from PQ.

Story gets more involved turns out the D&D which was suppose the be a high torque motor is a 3.2 high speed (5100rpm) so I'm back at the starting line. Now looking at the D&D 4.2A 3470 rpm, 48 volt cart 650 alltrax. I can add the 8:1 gear set.

2nd option is PQ Assasin rated at + 5000 rpm, will be used on road with some hilly terrain.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #19
wtruax
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone have any experience with the buggies unlimited motor kit? it seem reasonably priced for an entire kit.
wtruax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #20
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

No experience, but I do know their motors come from D&D (which is a good thing).
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car