lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #11
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: when to recharge

Ok here is an opinion from what I was told from an Interstate sales rep when working at an auto parts store. Every time you charge and discharge a battery it has pours in the lead that open and close with each cycle. They expand and contracting each charge and discharge cycle. At some point the pours become size set meaning they no longer expand contract making the battery hold a small charge, discharging it's charge quickly. The number of cycles this takes to happen is between 800, and 1200 on average. To make the pours stay open or closed more you run nothing but full cycles on the batteries after they are broke in so as heat builds during charging and lead expands then contract as they cool to maximum amount. This will mean more cycles from the batteries. Most battery manufactures recommend an 8 hour cool down cycle before batteries are put in service. Taking a 16 hr charge cycle to 24 hrs, in the real world most people want to use their carts daily or don't want to change batteries out to charge, discharge. I have the luxury of doing this most times as for my work schedule 2 on 2 off, have 4 years on one set of batteries still going strong, for how long no idea but use this as a guideline for my batteries, and seems to work for me.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #12
dopeyferree
Not Yet Wild

I have the club car precedent stock charger, Do you think it would be good to use that for a good charge then maybe put my battery tender on it afterwards. The battery tender works great on all my other vehicles but wasnt sure about a 48v set up.
dopeyferree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
Randy L
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

How often to charge batteries has been a major source of discussion among some of my golfing cohorts. Each one claims to have heard it from an 'expert'. One says if he just backs his cart out of his shed to sweep it out, he recharges. Another says he recharges after 18 holes. Some go so far as saying they can go up to 72 holes before recharging. Are there any dash meters out there that accurately show the state of charge and when to recharge (say at 50%)?
Randy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

YES! There are some quality Voltage meters out there which will tell you when you have reached the 50% mark. 18 holes would depend upon the terrain and your handicap no? I mean, some guys spend all day driving around the woods looking for the ball?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #15
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbuck1215 View Post
Hi at what voltage should I charge a 48 volt club car it has a indicator light on the dash but I dont know how that is suppose to work thanks for ant info
Aren't U the one who had 2 bad batteries that were only 1 year old ?
They were either put in bad off the shelf or U are doing something VERY wrong
before proceeding read this http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...intenance.html

The model U have has a OBC and a Intelligent charger on it.
CC did this to take the worries out of charging.

The charger will NOT charge the batteries to greater that 100% capacity.

If batteries are too low or you have a bad battery which prevents the charge from reaching 100% ,
the charger will shut off after 16 Hours, to keep from damaging other batteries.

You do not have to unplug the charger when it turns off, you can leave it plugged in and
it will automatically come back on in 13 days inspect the charge and charge if required.

If the charger is left plugged in and you want to maximize the charge (say on the 10th day).
then unplug it from the cart wait 5 minutes and plug back up.

You can leave the charger plugged in all the time !
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car