lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
Toboro
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Charger Problems?

I'm a newbie. Plus I'm old, cheap and poor. Bought a used CC, ser. no. A9903.. which, I guess makes it a 1999. Looks and acts older. Trying to get it to perform better. The ACCU Power (Club Car) charger never gets above 15-16 Amps. even after plugging the cart in after 18 holes. Even though meter has capacity to read up to 30. DOes that indicate a charger problem? One of the fuses blown? Charger will run for 2-3 hours or more, slowly dropping down. If I re-plug it, either shortly thereafter, or next day (having not moved cart) it'll read up to 15-16 again, and slowly drop from there, maybe taking 1 hour. Thanks. I just spent about 2 hours looking thru' posts on a variety of subjects, and it sure looks like you fellers know a lot of "stuff" about a lot of things. HOping I can learn to maintain my cart properly. thanks. Tony
Toboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charger Problems?

36 or 48 volt? Might have had the wrong meter installed in charger.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW.
I think he's asking about the guage on the charger face?
The charger you have is a 15amp charger. The guage they used is a 30 amp guage but you will notice that the fuse reset button on the front of the charger says 15 amps on it... That is all she puts out
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
Toboro
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, Scotty. It's a 6x6 volt. Didn't look at the fuse/reset, at least not with my reading glasses on. Guess there's other problems. Are there any usual suspects if perhaps voltage is leaking out after a charge? Although now I think of it, probably not, since I can let it sit, "fully" charged for a week, and no apparent difference in its performance compared to running immediately after a charge. Guess it may be on its last legs. /t
Toboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like it is working normal to me,It probably is a resistor car and they arent powerhouses anyway.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No..... I don't like the sound of it only charges for 2-3 hours after 18 holes.... How old are the batteries? There si a date code on some NEG terminals or sticker on the side? A5 = Jan 2005. Can you give any voltage reading from each battery? Not much we can tell with out test info?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Scotty that should be a 21amp. charger and its supposed to go to 30 on the gauge,I just put a new gauge in one on monday .
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car