lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
jrterry1976
Not Yet Wild

Default Washed Cart, now Buzzer on in F&R, will not move

I have had this 2006 48v DS Club car for about 8 months. When I first got it the charger would not come on or stay on. I eventually figured out it was corrosion. After I clean all the connections, it charged and ran fine. I use this cart for hunting and it had collected quite a bit of mud. I cleaned it thoroughly including hosing off the mud under the wheel wells. After I washed it. I drove it into the garage, where it sat for about 4 hours (ran fine, about 30 ft). I then got on it and backed out of the garage and drove it out of the driveway. About 50 ft out of my driveway the buzzer sounded and the electric braking came on. The cart stopped and would not go forward or in reverse. The buzzer stayed on in the forward and reverse position. I rolled it back to my garage and tried to reset the OBC by disconnecting the batteries. This did not help. As soon as I reconnected it, switched it to F and pressed the pedal, the buzzer continuously sounded. I had to switch it to tow to turn off the buzzer. I then plugged up the charger and the batteries charged fine. I waited overnight to see if something got wet during the wash that may have dried out. No luck, it still buzzes in both F, R and Neutral when you press the pedal and keeps buzzing when you release until you switch it to tow. Please help, I really don’t know much about these carts and the people I know that have them do not seem to have any problems.
jrterry1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Washed Cart, now Buzzer on in F&R, will not move

You've got water in your F&R Switch. You can take it apart and blow it out. It's really simple. Pop it out with a screwdriver and you'll see small tabs on the bottom of it that will allow you to separate the switch. Take it apart and blow it out. You'll be able to see how the rocker fits down in the bottom of it in case it falls out. If that doesnt work, unplug the connector behind the F&R switch and blow it out. It'll run after this.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
jrterry1976
Not Yet Wild

I took out all the batteries because I saw some corrosion on the battery holder grid and the other poster's pics scared me a bit. I cleaned the area and the batteries. Cleaned all the corrosion off the cables and batteries. Took the F/R switch apart as suggested by the Dawg. I did not see any water in there, but did blow it out. I reassembled everything and it worked like normal. Every time I go through a mud puddle or wash this cart it gets upset. It is not water friendly. thanks for the help Dawg, I knew I could count on a fellow CSRA'er to help out. I am in North Augusta, SC.
jrterry1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrterry1976 View Post
I took out all the batteries because I saw some corrosion on the battery holder grid and the other poster's pics scared me a bit. I cleaned the area and the batteries. Cleaned all the corrosion off the cables and batteries. Took the F/R switch apart as suggested by the Dawg. I did not see any water in there, but did blow it out. I reassembled everything and it worked like normal. Every time I go through a mud puddle or wash this cart it gets upset. It is not water friendly. thanks for the help Dawg, I knew I could count on a fellow CSRA'er to help out. I am in North Augusta, SC.
Wow... didn't realize you were so close. Glad I could help!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #6
gadavis
Gone Wild

Hey Dave. Gene Davis here. Twin city Country Club,Sandersville, Ga.
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadavis View Post
Hey Dave. Gene Davis here. Twin city Country Club,Sandersville, Ga.
Hey Gene. How are things with your new fleet? Did you ever get the keyswitch issue resolved? I spoke with Lance about it a few weeks ago.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
gadavis
Gone Wild

I am out at the present time with knee replacement surgery. I guess he is fixed up, haven't heard him complain any more about it . I have a few more weeks before the doctor lets me go back. Was out there last week for a little while trying to help him resolve an electrical problem on a toro greens aerator. Good to see someone of your knowledge and expertise on this forum Later, Gene
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:46 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadavis View Post
I am out at the present time with knee replacement surgery. I guess he is fixed up, haven't heard him complain any more about it . I have a few more weeks before the doctor lets me go back. Was out there last week for a little while trying to help him resolve an electrical problem on a toro greens aerator. Good to see someone of your knowledge and expertise on this forum Later, Gene
Glad to be here... and thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car