lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Motor turns but wont go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kline View Post
ok i put the pos lead to yell side of solenoid and neg side to b- and im getting 35 volts reading at wide open.. now when the pedel not applyed or the key off i shouid not have power on the yellow side correct..when peddel applyed the solenoid should kick on and off correct....
Yes it does... but there's a resistor on the solenoid that carries enough power from one side to the other that causes you to have a reading on both sides at all the time..... You've not got enough power to make the car go... that's the problem.... You've got a 48 volt car... a 36Volt car wouldn't have a large yellow wire on the solenoid... You're missing about 13 volts and you need to find out why... You've got more than one bad battery or some severely corroded battery wires. That's why it's shuttering like it is, it's starving for voltage.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
dont think it does like i was saying motors turns and cart wants to go, but has no power. I can hold the cart still while its WOT...the thing i cant figure out is the cart has 6 six volt batt and i believe its a 48 volt cart.The motor says 48 volt 3.75 hp 97 model with comp....The owner of golf cart says its been like that for 8 years and been runnig fine untill here latley.
There's your problem right there... it should have 6 8 volt batteries... if he said it's been working great for 8 years... he's lying. That's impossible. A 48 Volt charger would cook these batteries in no time. No way they'd last 8 years.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome to our world
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #14
Mark Kline
Not Yet Wild

That,s what blowing my mind TahoeDawg its my dads old cart and he had it for 10years with these 6 volt batt in it....and the charger came with the cart and its a 36 volt charger. We been driving it like that for about 7 or 8 year now....No B/S.....Now that i own it ......its broke i am a ok mech. but this is my first cart , so kinda lost here and thanks for ur help
Mark Kline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
That,s what blowing my mind TahoeDawg its my dads old cart and he had it for 10years with these 6 volt batt in it....and the charger came with the cart and its a 36 volt charger. We been driving it like that for about 7 or 8 year now....No B/S.....Now that i own it ......its broke i am a ok mech. but this is my first cart , so kinda lost here and thanks for ur help
Well it sounds like some kind of hybrid. They've obviously bypassed the On Board Computer or the car wouldn't run at all. I'd love to see this one. How about some pics?
Old 05-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #16
Mark Kline
Not Yet Wild

ya the comp hook up the way the wire diagram looks on a 48 volt cart .That why im confused cause i drove the cart and park it..maybe a mouth latter went to drive it and no go. SO I COULD REALLY USE UR HELP ON THIS ON. I have more batt so should i add more for 48 volt and see what happens or should i test a few things first. and ya working on some pics
Old 05-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

If its a 36 volt clubcar with a controller 93,94,95 it will have a yellow wire on the solenoid on the backside.It will have a diode and a resistor also.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #18
Mark Kline
Not Yet Wild

Its a 97 model wth a 48volt motor , and yes the wire is yellow. would they have run a 36 volt pack on a 48 volt motor? do u have some info i can check with a dvom
Old 05-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

P.S. Don't ever let a battery pack sit for a month without recharging it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #20
Mark Kline
Not Yet Wild

ok after 2 days of working and its 12 mid night now, i charge all batt one by one to 7volts cause like i said there 6 volt. So now i have around 41 42 volts. And the cart will finally move pretty good now.....But i can tell the motor has a little sturter when taking off. So i now know that maybe when the batt wher new that might of work ok but the cart is a 48volt and can tell it well run better with 48 volts..thanks for all your help and like yall said battery power!!!!!!! time for some 8 volt batt... buy the way ther trojan 105 batt 6 volts go figure
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car