lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: new batteries wont go

I always sell new resistor and diodes when I sell solenoids. I have been known to reuse them.

Just make sure the diode goes on the same way you take it off.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #12
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

48 volt solenoid will work on 48 volt car with no problems.

Not sure why you would need a new diode or resistor as they dont go bad very often.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #13
Eric_H_E
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

ok so it shuld be ok to reuse the diode and resistor. I had planned on putting the solinoid on this morning till courisity asked about the resistor and diode.

Sooo this evening i will go a head and replace the soliniod. Paying attention to whitch way the diode goes

Thaks for the help
Eric_H_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:46 PM   #14
Eric_H_E
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

all right, now i feel like a dummy . I went to put on the new solinoid today, and as i am undoing the battery cable as the instructions say to, I am looking at the other battery connections. I had 2 that were loose. I think that the nuts had a bur or someting in them because they turned like they were tight, but was a space between the nut and the eyelet. I guess that is why i didnot think about checking them since i just put the new batteries in, they felt snug, but werent.

I consider my self lucky that the loose connections did not melt the battery terminals.

Now i do have a new spare solinoid, so when/if the old one goes out, i will be ready.

Cheep lesson learned. Hope this helps someone else.
Eric_H_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #15
marfan2003
Not Yet Wild

Not to threadjack, but if I upgrade from the OEM solenoid to an HD one, can I reuse the diode and resistor from the old solenoid?
marfan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #16
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfan2003 View Post
Not to threadjack, but if I upgrade from the OEM solenoid to an HD one, can I reuse the diode and resistor from the old solenoid?
Yes, you can. The only reason to alter the diode and resistor is if you up the pack voltage to 48v or higher.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #17
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Eric,
before reading your latest post, I was going to suggest trying to tighten all the cables. Happened to me as well. I had a Marathon and I replaced the cables and I tried to accelerate but nothing:(! So I had my dad crank on them a little and bam. It worked. Bright side is now you have a new solenoid like you said.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO