lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
Kydog
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default What's your preference on a IFS front suspension?

I got a good deal on a Strech IFS front suspension, it was a pre 2000. After talking to someone at Strech, he said it would bolt up to my 07 ez-go. He said the only difference would be the steering box and that the older type would give me a sharper turning radius. After I started assembly,i found out there was more that didn't fit beside's the steering box swap. The top frame support didn't match the old shock mounting hole's (off about 2"), the king pin was too small(7/8" vs 25 mm) and the tie rod end would not work either. Also the fit on everything was not real good, upper A-arm Helm fiitng didn't line up with the lower arm and kingpin, off about 3/4" and the shock mount's were way off. I'm hoping the company I bought it from will return it and I can get a different kit, I need suggestion's Jake's or Allsport or another brand , what's your perference. any info would be appreciated.
Thanks David

Last edited by Kydog; 10-24-2010 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: bad grammer
Kydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What's your preference on a IFS front suspension?

That strech kit is the best front end there is available in my opinion...... I have never put a pre 01 kit on a 01&up cart.
They are made in china. Fit is not that good on some of the tab locations. I keep a supply of new washers on hand and shim every A Arm connection for proper fit. Never had a problem doing it this way.... Return it and tell them it don't fit.... the 01&up kit is about $200 more cuz it includes a new steering box.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
Kydog
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

How are the Jake longtravels? Will be using this hunting and on the farm,pretty rough ground. I would prefer a American made kit.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think the Strech long travel kit is far better than anything else out there and I have tried mine pretty darn hard ....
Old 10-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Jakes makes a really nice kit. I personally haven't tried the stretch kits yet (mainly because I haven't found anything to tempt Scotty with to convince him to send me one yet). I will say this about the Jakes kits though...... If you are traveling slow, they are awesome, if however you are going full bore (approximately 30 MPH) and you hit the brakes, prepare for a nose dive..... I have kissed the steering wheel more times than I care to count because the coil over shocks supplied with the Jakes kits are so spongy (the previous owner of Jakes once told me that he actually reccommends racing shocks as opposed to the ones he supplied in the kit).
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Didn't Boke bend his new Jakes? what happened after that? A redesign? IDK?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok , under NORMAL conditions...... If I remember right, Boke was doing wheelies with his and bent it.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
Kydog
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Are there any other brands that make a long travel kit,the shock's on the strech kit are progressive brand, they alot of the aftermarket shocks for Harley's. I thought about modifying the kit but for a couple hundred bucks I can get the right kit and save me alot of extra work.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This cart is smooth and tough with the strech LT properly installed.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:15 AM   #10
Kydog
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks ScottyB, i'm going take it back today and have him order me the correct kit. I could have made this one work with a little time in the mill and lathe but for the price of these kit i'll shell out a little more and get the coorect one.
Thanks David

Tags
jake's, strech
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO