lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
cboham30
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default dead cart

I need some help!!!! i came home from work this morning, and my cart is not working. I have a 95 ezgo freedom 36 volt, it has a 5 in lift with 22in tires....i charged the batteries to full the other day and checked the voltage, All the batteries tested between 6.21 and 6.25. The cart was running great.

My wife drove the cart around the neighborhood with her neices yesterday, She said cart seemed like it was going slower than usual, But the cart battery meter was showing just below half. Im not sure how far i should be able to go on a full charge. if i start at a full charge and drive to my moms house and back, which is about 2 miles, the battery meter drops down to 3/4 charge.

So today, i went to move the cart. I put it in reverse and nothing, so i tried forward, still nothing. All the cart is doing is making a click from a celenoid looking thing that is under where the passenger sits. I plugged the cart in to charge, and the amp meter on the charger is at 22. I'm not sure if there is just not enough juice to move the cart, Which i wouldn't think since the battery meter reads just under half, But then again i don't really trust those that much.

Do my batteries sound good?
What else could be wrong?

Thanks in advance
cboham30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

Default Re: dead cart

I am no expert, but one will be along shortly I am sure. Your batteries sound a little week (70% ish) if indeed those numbers you listed were a few hours or more AFTER a full charge.

Did you check your voltage on the batteries when it would not move ? Do you know the age of your batteries (date code) ?
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would bet on a battery issue. Those voltages you mentioned are NOT fully charged. Plus the ride time of 2 miles and losing 25% of the state of charge would lead me to checking those batteries fully before proceeding.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
cboham30
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

yeah i figured the batteries were low, But for the cart to fine one day and be dead the next has to be something else. the selenoid under the passeger side clicks and thats it. this is my first cart, so i'm pretty new to working on them.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have gone to bed with a fully charged cart waiting in the driveway and woken up to a cart that won't budge because the batteries took a dive overnight. Have you had a really hard cold snap lately? I find that the first good cold snap of the season usually brings out all the dead/dying batteries.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
cboham30
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

does anyone know of a good parts shop, or a shop where i can get work done without getting ripped off. more than likely ill do it myself, but i would like to find a good mechanic just in case
Old 11-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, bring it to my shop ...... oh, what do you mean you are in North Carolina!?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

where are you located?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #9
cboham30
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

oh yeah my bad, i live in spring hill fl, I,m still lookn for some help as to why cart is dead but the selenoid clicks.... charged the batteries yesterday, still the same
Old 11-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you give us a voltage reading on the pack? You are saying the pack is charged and the solenoid clicks but the cart wont move?
What's that pack voltage?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO