lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #11
littlebob
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Are micro switches really necessary?

I was looking at one today that had the switches bypassed somehow and the guy I"ve been helping said what was said earlier. It is a safety issue and the F&R will be damaged if someone switches from F-N-R with a load.
littlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnerphoto View Post
so,do I need to install both micros back on?,when I bought cart the FR micros were there but no wires attached,I know there are some wiring diagrams on here,but I have trouble figuring out what wire would go where....Thanks for all your help!
After 9 posts telling you what they do and their importants, you ask again?
The micro's are there for two reasons, safety and longevity of the operating system of the cart.
The micro for the reverse buzzer is for the buzzer only but it is still a safety feature.
If you don't understand the electrical system then you might need to make a service appointment at a dealer.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #13
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

One of the many wiring diagrams that are available on this site should be helpful. Basically, the switches will be wired in series with the micro switch on the 'go' pedal. The should be "made up" only when the F/R switch is fully to either Forward or Reverse.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #14
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnerphoto View Post
so,do I need to install both micros back on?,when I bought cart the FR micros were there but no wires attached,I know there are some wiring diagrams on here,but I have trouble figuring out what wire would go where....Thanks for all your help!
YES!

If for any reason this is unclear, please refer to Gornomans post
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO