lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #1
Martin Boyd
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 98 Ezgo txt sizzle crackle sound noise from the motor?

Hi all it is my first post. Been reading them for quite a while but here it goes with a tech question. I have a 98 ezgo txt that makes a sizzle crackle sound from the motor every time you gently press on the accelerator petal. The previous owner replaced the solenoid and controler. The tires are inflated, the batteries are good and charged cables are clean and tight. Is the motor due for new brushes? Annother interesting querk is that the cart some times starts out slow with the petal pegged to the mat and then a few min into the ride burst out with full power like it should. It also struggles up hill and when going down hill feels like it has good full power. It can be ridden for several miles at a time no problem but it is just odd how the cart makes the noise right when the wheels start to turn and speeds up or down sometimes. Once in a while the cart will have to be rocked a little to get it to move like putting a street bike into neutral. Any good info would be appreciated.

I hate working on Gem Cars
Martin Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2010, 04:38 AM   #2
ckdgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 98 Ezgo txt sizzle crackle sound noise from the motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Boyd View Post
Hi all it is my first post. Been reading them for quite a while but here it goes with a tech question. I have a 98 ezgo txt that makes a sizzle crackle sound from the motor every time you gently press on the accelerator petal. The previous owner replaced the solenoid and controler. The tires are inflated, the batteries are good and charged cables are clean and tight. Is the motor due for new brushes? Annother interesting querk is that the cart some times starts out slow with the petal pegged to the mat and then a few min into the ride burst out with full power like it should. It also struggles up hill and when going down hill feels like it has good full power. It can be ridden for several miles at a time no problem but it is just odd how the cart makes the noise right when the wheels start to turn and speeds up or down sometimes. Once in a while the cart will have to be rocked a little to get it to move like putting a street bike into neutral. Any good info would be appreciated.

I hate working on Gem Cars
Welcome! You may want to try pulling the motor off and blowing it out with dry compressed air to remove the dust build-up. If all else fails, send the motor to EMP for a rebuild! It will come back Mo Betta!
ckdgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
Martin Boyd
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I plan on blowing out the motor and checking to see if I see anything burt looking. Does wd40 sprayed on the interior of the motor help any?
Old 12-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
ckdgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Boyd View Post
I plan on blowing out the motor and checking to see if I see anything burt looking. Does wd40 sprayed on the interior of the motor help any?
Don't squirt WD40 in the motor! WD is an oil and doesn't mix well with electrical and carbon brushes! Just blow it out and try the motor again to see if the sizzling noise goes away. It may also be that the brushes are worn down to the point where they aren't making good contact, at which point I would send the motor to EMP for rebuild.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Or you could send it to one of our site sponsors PlumQuick. They do a great job on motor rewinds and help make this exchange of information possible with their support

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
ckdgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Or you could send it to one of our site sponsors PlumQuick. They do a great job on motor rewinds and help make this exchange of information possible with their support

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
I think EMP is also a site sponsor but let me check on that.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think the company you mention had a courtesy link here for some time. I do not see them listed on the sponsor page but we do see http://www.plumquick.com/ And they do very nice work, everybody can send their motors their with confidence, I do
Old 12-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
Martin Boyd
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Over the past 7 years tinkering with carts I have only had to change one motor because it was 100 percent inoperative. I thought they are usually bullet proof. This cart must have a lot of time on it. Does the lift kit and big tires reduce it's life very Mutch?
Old 12-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It does increase the loads. If the motor was close to the end of it's useful life then increased load would quicken its demise... Take a look at it ...
Old 12-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
Martin Boyd
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I had an odd similar problem with a 92 ezgo solid state cart but no noise.
The cart had a mind of it's own where it would go 5 mph then after you let it sit. It would go full speed. It was all or nothing fast or dirt slow. It flip flopped each time you rode it. Good batteries, new solenoid, good cables, normal stuff checked out ok. Sold cat to another person wanting a project but just wondered what the glitch was.

Tags
ezgo noise sound motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO