lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #21
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Do I need a controller? 1999 Club Car

sounds like the speed sensor is out. yea those 4x12 are a joke.
golfcartthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #22
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbchbm View Post
Now I really don't know what to think... You know I have a 48v 1999 Club Car, right? The repair shop said "he jammed the batteries under there in such a way that the battery cracked the speed sensor all up." I'm going down there face to face on Monday to see eye to eye what's going on. I told the battery guy what was said and he did not indicate that there was no way he could have broken it based on where the sensor is. He just said that he's put many a battery in carts and never had a problem. I told him I stopped payment on the check until it's sorted out. I was not convinced that the speed sensor should cost so much to put on, I'll see monday. Aggravated...
This "repair shop" does not sound like a good one...
I would pick the cart up and let this forum be your repair shop.
Golf carts are not like cars, anyone can work on them with basic tools.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #23
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Now I really don't know what to think... You know I have a 48v 1999 Club Car, right? The repair shop said "he jammed the batteries under there in such a way that the battery cracked the speed sensor all up." I'm going down there face to face on Monday to see eye to eye what's going on. I told the battery guy what was said and he did not indicate that there was no way he could have broken it based on where the sensor is. He just said that he's put many a battery in carts and never had a problem. I told him I stopped payment on the check until it's sorted out. I was not convinced that the speed sensor should cost so much to put on, I'll see monday. Aggravated...
. . . I used to have a 99 CC DS . . . are you sure he is not talking about the V-Glide unit, which is basically the throttle and is a plastic pie slice shaped box? That can get in the way of installing a battery if one is not careful . . . if he broke it, he should eat the cost of the repair, not you . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #24
flbchbm
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hmmm, seems to make more sense to me, not that I know anything, but that's something to bring up on Monday. And then I'll try to figure out what to do or if it's staying in the shop. This being my first cart, not sure enough to fix it myself... yet. Thanks for what I've learned so far. Oh, and the shop actually said "speed sensor" though I wasn't talking to the repairman doing the work just someone he told to call me with an update. When I get there monday I'll want to see the part, who wants to make bet that it's more of a pie-shaped part?
flbchbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #25
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Your cart probably does not have a speed sensor cuz its most likely a series cart. Speed sensor is mounted on a shunt wound motor and communicates to the controller.

So my vote is the guy damaged the vglide which is why the other guy thought he could repair it using swapped out parts. He would not have damaged the controller cuz that is mounted behind the battery wall.

Anyway now is a good time to give those bats back to the guy and go somewhere else and put in some 8's. The guy deserves to get them back after misinforming you and doing a crappy install and damaging other parts.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #26
flbchbm
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . I used to have a 99 CC DS . . . are you sure he is not talking about the V-Glide unit, which is basically the throttle and is a plastic pie slice shaped box? That can get in the way of installing a battery if one is not careful . . . if he broke it, he should eat the cost of the repair, not you . . .
Well Stevegrmich, you were right. It was the V-Glide unit, a pie slice shaped box. It had cracked in half, likely from the battery installation. I did give the 4/12's back to the guy and went back to 6/8's. It runs like a champ now. Thanks for everything everyone. And Merry Christmas!
flbchbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #27
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Well Stevegrmich, you were right. It was the V-Glide unit, a pie slice shaped box. It had cracked in half, likely from the battery installation. I did give the 4/12's back to the guy and went back to 6/8's. It runs like a champ now. Thanks for everything everyone. And Merry Christmas!
. . . . . . Merry Christmas!
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car