lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
904polarized
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking to Upgrade my 99' CC DS 48v

Quote:
Originally Posted by plivanec View Post
Not sure about a series cart, but someone else on here should know...its just a 400amp Heavy Duty solenoid
PM Sent
904polarized is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #12
jfcody3962
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I pulled the trigger today on an Alltrax 500 controller, HD 400/800 solenoid, and 2G cables. Keeping stock motor for now. I also have new batteries, so I am hoping my cart will come alive!

Keep you all posted after the install.
jfcody3962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #13
904polarized
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well i got my controller installed Friday. It is set at 80% because of stock motor and i can feel a difference in torque right away. Cant wait to get it cranked up after i get motor and contactor

I pulled the trigger on the 400amp contactor and D&D ES-81-25 motor this morning. I should have it later part of this week. I will post performance gains once i get it buttoned up.

Its like christmas in March
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
JIC
Not Yet Wild

Waiting to see your results.
JIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
904polarized
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am too

Motor and Solenoid are in transit per USPS. Hopefully have them tomorrow or Saturday. I will update this thread once i get everything installed.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #16
monepit
Getting Wild
Club Car

I ordered the plum quick bandit motor for my 2001 series cart. Rick at plum quick told me I should see 19 or 20 mph and a 25% increase in torque. It should be here next week. I'll also pose results.. It will be good to have a comparison of results from different setups. It is currently running 13 mph with brand new trogens.
monepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #17
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by monepit View Post
I ordered the plum quick bandit motor for my 2001 series cart. Rick at plum quick told me I should see 19 or 20 mph and a 25% increase in torque. It should be here next week. I'll also pose results.. It will be good to have a comparison of results from different setups. It is currently running 13 mph with brand new trogens.
Hopefully, you will get better speed than that. I get 19-20mph with just a D377 motor and old batteries. And I got that speed before I swapped out my 225amp controller for a supposed 400amp motor. I have a '97 CC DS. As far as average driving around here, my cart is S L O W compared to those that speed past me. If I go to a Plum Quick, it will have to give me more than that. Not to dissuade you from your purchase. We actually have a speed limit here for our cart paths of 20mph, so I should be satisfied. I am not. Not as long as I have those that speed past me every day.

I apologize for spouting off . Good luck on your mods.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
904polarized
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If anyone is looking to upgrade their 36v to 48v, i have all of my stock components for sale (motor, controller, solenoid and wiring).
It is listed in the for sale section. Just an FYI here for anyone interested.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #19
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

I meant to say "controller" not motor when I said I upgraded to a 400amp.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #20
904polarized
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bringing this thread back up. I finally got all of my performance mods installed last night. This is to help anyone make a decision for upgrading their CC 48v series carts. Listed below are the mods i installed as well as how the cart was before the mods.

Before Mods:
1999 Club Car DS 48v Series. (6) new 8v batteries, 6" Lift Kit, 23" tires on 12" Rims, rear seat kit running 15mpg gps with very moderate torque.

After Mods:
Motor(D&D ES-81-25); Controller(AXE4855); Solenoid(HD 400amp) and all upgraded 2ga and 4ga wiring.

The controller is set at 80% right now because i got it before the other mods.
As of now, the torque is amazing. It almost wants to lift the front tires off the ground from a dead stop and stomping on the go pedal. My top speed (gps) is 26.1mph. 0-22 in 3 sec or close to it

Overall i am very pleased with the gains i got from this set up. I would highly recommend this setup if you want alot more torque and speed.

I am going to buy a cable and play around with the settings on the controller and see if i can get some more gains out of it.

Hope this helps anyone looking to do some upgrades!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car