lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
kevblac
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 cc 48v w/v-glide, sparks fly when I put it in gear!

Hello all, Im new here but familiar with threads. I recently purchased a 1992 cc 48 volt with v-glide. Cart was non-running when purchased. Here is the problem, on a full charge with key on, I put into forward or reverse and sparks start flying from the gear selector and by the largest of the resistor coils. Cart wants to move at that point even though the gas pedal is not being depressed. Worth mentioning again, you do not need to press pedel for the sparks to fly or for the cart to try to move. Also, as a side note, the solenoid and the v-glide were replaced by the previous owner in an attempt to fix the same problem. He stated that the wiring just started melting down the last time he used it. He replaced the above mentioned items and the battery wiring. Could use some help fellas! I have no idea whats going on with this thing, seems to me like a short maybe. I also Couldnt seem to locate a wiring diagram for the 1992 cc 48volt in the stickys so that would help as well.
kevblac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Tim Seawel
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 92 cc 48v w/v-glide, sparks fly when I put it in gear!

Club Car did not build a 48v cart until 1995. I would be asking previous owner what's up with that.
Tim Seawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Maybe you need a new forward reverse switch or need to check for frayed wires/connection problems at the switch.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Club Car did not make 48v carts in 1992. Somebody has put 48v in a 36v cart without the proper electronic upgrades. Sparks will definitely fly. 1992 was the solid state change year. The first half of the year they produced resistor coil carts, which do you have?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Sparks will definitely fly.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevblac View Post
Hello all, Im new here but familiar with threads. I recently purchased a 1992 cc 48 volt with v-glide. Cart was non-running when purchased. Here is the problem, on a full charge with key on, I put into forward or reverse and sparks start flying from the gear selector and by the largest of the resistor coils. Cart wants to move at that point even though the gas pedal is not being depressed. Worth mentioning again, you do not need to press pedel for the sparks to fly or for the cart to try to move. Also, as a side note, the solenoid and the v-glide were replaced by the previous owner in an attempt to fix the same problem. He stated that the wiring just started melting down the last time he used it. He replaced the above mentioned items and the battery wiring. Could use some help fellas! I have no idea whats going on with this thing, seems to me like a short maybe. I also Couldnt seem to locate a wiring diagram for the 1992 cc 48volt in the stickys so that would help as well.
If you can give us your serial number, that will help. It should be on a plate under the dash in the middle.
PS Welcome to the forum!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1992, coils, sparking, vglide, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car