lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Help- 95 DS intermittent power loss

I have a 95 cc DS 36 volt. No resistors, has only 1 solenoid, curtis 1204 controller, and the black pie shaped wiper switch assembly.

I can be driving on asphalt, and every once in awhile, the power will "dip", i can feel the speed loss, then it will resume back to normal. MOST TIMES! Then after it does this real quick "dip", i will loose all power, the cart will stop. When it does this, if i repeatedly stomp on the go pedal a few times, it will start going afain. Sometimes i need to stomp on the pedal about 4 or 5 times to get it going again.

The batteries are 2 years old, they still are pretty strong. The guy that owns this cart, had a local dealer look at the cart a couple times, ( i think the dealer installed a new wiper switch assembly, cause it looks new and has labels from 2012 on the wires).

But the customer is frustrated with the dealer, because he hasn't fixed the problem.

I went for a test drive a couple times, and did experience the power loss, etc.

I opened the cover to the wiper switch, and i did notice that when the pedal is 100% pushed to the floor, that the last wiper contact, is about 1/4' to far past the mating contact.

I did remove the the gas pedal rod, and adjusted that so when the pedal ia all the way to the floor, that the last contacts are lined up together.

Do you think this contact line up has anything to do with this problem? What could be the problem?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help- 95 DS intermittent power loss

bump
Old 03-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Could be a loose connection or a ms starting to go. When it won't go does the solenoid click?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

The only see micro switches in 2 locations. There is the brand new one , inside the v glide box (wiper sweep) and the 3 that are lined together on the back of the f/r switch.

So the wiper box one is new, so should not be a problem. That leaves the 3 on the f/r switch. One of the 3, is the reverse ( since my problem is not in reverse, I think i can eliminate that one).

One of the 3 sounds the reverse buzzer, I don't know whatelse that one does. So again, the buzzer works and the problem is not in reverse, so I should be able to eliminate that one.

That leaves the last of the 3, which i believe is the forward switch. This switch works, and the cart drives most of the time. Is it possible that this switch can cut out for a micro second, during a drive, then cut back in?

Tell me about the "click" you were asking about? I have not noticed this. I will try to find out next time this happens. Are you saying, that if i get a click, then the problem is in the solenoid? And if i get NO click, the problem is before the solenoid, maybe the forward ms?

Do you think we can eliminate the controller and motor, from being the problem?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car