lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
Sk8ter40
Not Yet Wild

Default Driv train knocking while coasting

I have a 1999 Electric Club Car with a knocking noise coming from the drive train when coasting or going down hill. Under load there is no noise and the cart pulls fine. I am new to golf carts and wanter to see if there are any common problems that can be identified. I have replaced the motor bushings and tried putting the cart on jack stands but no noise is heard. If anyone has any ideas i woud love to hear it other wise I will go into the diff. Sounds like a bearing or bushing.
Sk8ter40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
carocheking
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Driv train knocking while coasting

It can either be the body and frame hitting the suspension or your motor case is hitting
carocheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
Sk8ter40
Not Yet Wild

Definately not a contact issue. There is feedback through the sytem so it is definately a bearing or bushing causing the noise. I have never heard the noise while the drive train is under load. thank you for the feedback anyway. The noise only occurs when the drive line is in complete unload meaning if the cart is maintaining speed on flat ground there is no noise. when you let off the pedal and the lash is taken out of the drive line then the noise starts. Sounds like a shaft wobbling
Sk8ter40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

It could be the bumper/guide ring. Here's a thread on it:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ng-bumper.html

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car