lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
Raines03
Not Yet Wild

Default LED meter green light flashing

So I just hooked up a 48v led meter and when I turn the key on the "green" light flashes. I am so lost on this one of how to fix.
Raines03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: LED meter green light flashing

You're gonna have to give us more to go on. Pix? How many terminals? what is the voltage range of the unit?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Raines03
Not Yet Wild

Its a 48v meter, square, 4 terminals + - R C on back, goes down in 1/10 increments from red to green. I had this on my 2010 precedent and pulled it off when i got a new stereo. It worked fine in my cart, well now I am building a cart for the brother-in-law and its acting strange. I'm changing over to Scottyb's guage so I figured I would just give this one to family since I had it laying around.

Would it be happening if the batteries were overcharged? After coming off the charger i measured each battery around 13.06 volts. That is with no driving just taking it off the charger and disconnecting all the wires to measure.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Sorry, I'm not familiar with a unit like that. Maybe someone else will chime in.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
rockhill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raines03 View Post
Its a 48v meter, square, 4 terminals + - R C on back, goes down in 1/10 increments from red to green. I had this on my 2010 precedent and pulled it off when i got a new stereo. It worked fine in my cart, well now I am building a cart for the brother-in-law and its acting strange. I'm changing over to Scottyb's guage so I figured I would just give this one to family since I had it laying around.

Would it be happening if the batteries were overcharged? After coming off the charger i measured each battery around 13.06 volts. That is with no driving just taking it off the charger and disconnecting all the wires to measure.
has same terminals as mine= positive of battery pack to +, negative of pack to -, 48v to C terminal, preferably switched. I was advised any power to R would blow the meter. Does that match what you have?
rockhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
Raines03
Not Yet Wild

Yes that is how i have it hooked up. just went out and drove it and if you are driving the light goes solid, but sitting it will flash. I am so confused on this one. I do have the C terminal connected at the switch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car