lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Mykmiller
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club car not starting

I have a 2005 gas club car. I put a lift kit on it and now it will not start. Ran great before. The starter ground did pop loose when I lifted it and I have put a new ground on. I charged the battery and all I get is a click sound when I push on the gas pedal. Key is on !!
Mykmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2015, 06:15 PM   #2
jumpseat82
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club car not starting

Did you check the starter belt? Or maybe the solenoid. I really don't know but sounds like something has come loose.
jumpseat82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:46 PM   #3
Mykmiller
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I put a new battery and that didn't fix it. Belts are ok. When I mess with the F&R switch by turning the yellow know it will start for a few seconds and then die.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
Mykmiller
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Actually was moving the belt that got it to start. Does that mean the brushes in the starter are bad?
Old 03-09-2015, 10:43 PM   #5
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

some times rotating the startor and making it start does mean the brushes are worn. Cant hurt to replace them. Easy to do. But tear down the starter first and just clean the armitor with a file and brushes may just need to be lubed and cleaned. Some times they stick in the holders.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
Mykmiller
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok so I did get it to turn over in maintenance mode. I am thinking it is the F&R switch. I had to cut the handle off when I took the old body off. Thinking something got messed up then. Going to look for the part number and order one to see if that fixes my issue. Don't know why they make that handle so hard to get off.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car