lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2015, 10:01 PM   #11
ramptester
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Carryall II (DS) lifted and upgraded

The length of that brace was about 5 inches before the lift. With the leaf springs on top, it is now 3.25 inches, center to center.
I meant to include in the post that I have learned so much from reading this forum that I was able to make educated decisions about the products and upgrades that I wanted for my application. Hopefully this post will help someone else if they are trying to decide. The ride quality is a heck of a lot better with the double A arm in front and with one leaf out in the back. We will not be carrying heavy loads back there, more like big bulky stuff that doesn't weigh a lot.
Here is my attempt at a brace using aluminum bar from lowes. Twisted 90 degrees. I expect it to break, but will give me some time to fabricate a steel brace. The design guru at Jake's actually called me directly when I sent the pic to them, and this was his recommendation. He felt like it was necessary to prevent binding and twisting.
ramptester is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car