lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2016, 10:14 AM   #11
mcculleyscars
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48 volt TXT 2011 does nothing, no solenoid click

If I place my negative end of the Volt meter on the battery negative and my positive end on either small post of solenoid they both have the same voltage (4

If I place my test leads on each small post of the solenoid there is no voltage reading.
mcculleyscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2016, 10:20 AM   #12
mcculleyscars
Not Yet Wild

I just took the wires off of the solenoid and placed jumper wires between the small posts and the battery + & - and the solenoid clicked so I know that part works. Still don't know how to fix the cart though
Old 08-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

sounds to me like the controller is not sending the ground signal via the blue wire to the solenoid.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:41 AM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Use a back pin probe on pi 6 of the controller (use the red probe of your DVM). Put the black probe of your DVM on the main battery pack negative. Key on, Cart in gear (F or R) press the accelerator. Do you see full pack voltage on Pin 6 of the controller? That is where the signal comes from to swap Pin 12 over to a ground and activate the solenoid. If Pin 6 isn't getting the pack voltage, then the controller won't activate the ground. If Pin 6 is getting the full pack voltage signal, then the controller has failed internally and will need to be replaced.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #15
mcculleyscars
Not Yet Wild

That pin is getting full battery voltage when pedal is depressed, I guess I need to talk to the company that remanufactured it. Thank you all for the help!
Old 08-25-2016, 12:14 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcculleyscars View Post
That pin is getting full battery voltage when pedal is depressed, I guess I need to talk to the company that remanufactured it. Thank you all for the help!

There's our problem right THERE! Ask them to send 6 of them over so we can sort through their mistakes
PS
Even if the next one runs, we will see you back here in a matter of months.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:53 PM   #17
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

People, PLEASE STOP BUYING REBUILT CONTROLLERS.......

I can't say it enough, for what you pay for a rebuilt, and pay again in a couple months to replace the rebuilt, you could have contacted Scotty and bought a brand new aftermarket controller that is higher powered.......
Old 08-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

x2 on avoid "rebuilt controllers".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:13 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Xs 3 ...... oh wait, I said it first.
When I was doing mobile repairs my cheap customers found the rebuilt control a desirable solution to expensive replacement controls. Within 3-4 months of installing the first of many I was tearing my hair out running around for free pulling these controls back out & sending them in for more 'rebuilding', and another trip out to the customer to re-install. By then I was out time, fuel, and postage enough but, no ...it wasn't over, the replacement unit goes out in 3-6 months and here we go again!? After 3 or 4 of these overlapping one another I complained to the 'rebuilder' who's solution was to offered a R&R warranty for just $75 that would pay my time etc.
I decided right then - my warranty was going to be no more of these things.
These controls are not rebuilt like an engine where there is a list of wear parts scheduled to be replaced. These controls are repaired and put back in service with a wink and a prayer they make it to the end of the warranty
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:32 PM   #20
mcculleyscars
Not Yet Wild

Just to help anyone who had the same issue, the problem ended up being the charge port. There was a wire that was not sending proper voltage to the controller from the charge port. I bypassed that and it runs fine now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO