lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Default 2013 gas precedent starter not engaging

2013 gas precedent starter not engaging. Had my guys replace solenoid, gcor, and key switch. All fuses checked and ok. You can jump solenoid and starter turns so I believe the starter itself is ok. Everything seems to carry power as it should but will not engage the two large post on the solenoid. My guys switched parts on working carts after trying new ones and nothing worked.
Jkirby891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2013 gas precedent starter not engaging

I would like to mention when I first got this cart it did not start. I looked at starter and both cables were loose. I tightened down and ran for a month steady no issues until a buddy did a quick turn with it then it cut out when he pressed the pedal.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:43 PM   #3
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Please anyone. I have worked on this and have had three techs take a crack at it. None of came up with the answer. Granted most of them are better with engines not so much electrical. It's driving me crazy.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:43 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

The two small wires going to the solenoid are likely not getting either positive or the negative power to enigize the coil that closes the main contacts. Check to make sure you have good ground connections also.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:48 PM   #5
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Further testing on another running cart. Running cart has 12v at blue and orange wire with key on. My cart will not get power to the orange wire.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #6
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Key off no power to blue wire or orange wire on small post. Key on 12v at blue wire nothing at orange. Pedal pressed down nothing at orange still.

On a running cart i tested i got 12v on both the blue and orange wires with key on.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #7
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Anyone. All my grounds seem ok. What else can i check to try to fix this?
Old 07-22-2017, 07:22 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

On an older cc the orange wire was the ground for the solenoid coming from the accelerator micro switch which was green coming from the neutral safety switches. 12 volts key on blue would be hot and so would orange through the solenoid coil. When the pedal is pushed it would apply ground to the solenoid and start. I would suspect a bad solenoid
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:40 AM   #9
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Have you checked the fuse? how bout the micro switches?

This is a club car gas-very easy cart to figure out. Id recommend stop swapping parts, that can create more problems
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:40 AM   #10
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
On an older cc the orange wire was the ground for the solenoid coming from the accelerator micro switch which was green coming from the neutral safety switches. 12 volts key on blue would be hot and so would orange through the solenoid coil. When the pedal is pushed it would apply ground to the solenoid and start. I would suspect a bad solenoid
^^This^^! The blue wire is the 12 volt + feed from the key switch. If it's there then it's not a fuse or power feed problem. The fact that it doesn't carry over to the other side (the orange wire) means the solenoid is bad. The orange wire goes to ground through the pedal switch to complete the circuit and engage the high amp switch in the solenoid (big posts). If the 12 volt + never makes it to the orange wire side of the solenoid, there is no complete circuit when the pedal switch connects it to ground.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car