lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #11
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Can you identify lift size on my cart?

I change my mind. It's a 6 inch lift. I don't have 5 inches above my tires. I have the same size tires. Also the blocks on the rear axle are taller than mine.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2018, 08:20 PM   #12
N.SHIFT
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
I change my mind. It's a 6 inch lift. I don't have 5 inches above my tires. I have the same size tires. Also the blocks on the rear axle are taller than mine.
Thank you for the info
N.SHIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:06 AM   #13
N.SHIFT
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.SHIFT View Post
Thank you for the info
How many inches do you have above your tires on your 4 inch lift?
Old 02-13-2018, 09:22 AM   #14
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Okay I'm really pretty sure, that you have a 6in lift,
If you look at my avatar, you will find that I run 25 inch tall tires, by 12 in wide, on a 10 inch rim. Particular name brand that I use, are Swamp Fox tires, I have always liked this tire, because of how versatile it is. It has very mild manners on the street, and the yard. This particular tire is a self-cleaning Tire, meaning of snow and mud are not going to be a problem, I would also stay with the 10 inch rim, it really seems to smooth the ride out much more then 12 or 14 in rims. Do your tires stick out past your fender flares?
I ask this because they shoot mud snow and sand everywhere while self cleaning. I have run a bunch of other tire brands, this is the only one I have found it gives me the best of both worlds, the fe350 is a peppy little motor, if taken care of they last for years and years,
Good-looking cart by the way.
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #15
N.SHIFT
Not Yet Wild

My tires don’t stick out past the wheel wells. I may look into your ties as I would like to have bigger tires, ty for your response
Old 02-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #16
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

No compromises!!!!
Old 02-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #17
N.SHIFT
Not Yet Wild

One other thing maybe you could help me out with. I just purchased a good used gas club car with 350 engine. The original owner stated he turned up the governor. How much I don’t know. But I do no that after it hits certain speed, the motor seems to cut out then backfire. I’m assuming it’s related to the governor been messed with. Anyway I can set that back to factory setting? If so, how? I prefer to govern it up with zip ties on the spring. The engine has 325hrs on it. Thx in advance.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:40 AM   #18
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I think he's feeding you full of crap, I agree with you the zip ties the only way to go, because you can determine how much tension to put on the strap tie to determine your speed that you are looking for. are you familiar how to zip tie,
How fast do you think you're going now, have you GPS your cart yet? I asked you this because, if you're doing 27 28 mph, then the rev limiter is what is kicking in. Not the governor.... My buddies Fe 350 cruises around the neighborhood 30 to 32 mph, but he also uses a tachometer to keep an eye on his motor, as not to over rev, these Fe 350 motors are pretty tough they can run 4 Grand all day long with a short burst here and there..
Old 02-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #19
N.SHIFT
Not Yet Wild

I have no gps’d It yet by my guess is at least 25 mph. He told me how he adjusted the governor but I just want to set it back to factory. This thing is just gonna be used to cruise around campground. 15-18 mph will be plenty of speed. Would the rev limiter cause it to die out and backfire? If so, if he adjusted the governor way to far wouldn’t thatcause it to rev to far? I’ve not looked at the zip tie option yet so no, I’m not exactly sure where to put the ties at. If it was a ezgo, I’d be good. It’s all I ever owned
Old 02-13-2018, 11:05 AM   #20
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I would do a close inspection of the cart, I would not be surprised if it has a strap tie on it already. If you look into your engine bay of your cart on the driver side you'll find a black box with a throttle cable coming out of that box, that cable goes all the way to the rear of the axle where it connects to the axle has a spring on it, I would not be surprised if it has a snap tie around the spring, I tried to find a picture of of what I'm trying to explain but I could not I'm hoping somebody will chime in with the picture of the strap tie, because that's what I think is happening if you cut that strap tie it will go back to normal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car