lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
Dani42
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 Club Car DS, only runs when solenoid jumped

We have replaced all the microswitches except for the reverse buzzer limit, and the solenoid. Have replaced fuse. Still will NOT RUN unless we jump the solenoid when the pedal is depressed. Have scoured these forums and others and everything points to things we've replaced just today. Any other ideas? This is driving us nuts. Only thing we know to do next is chase every wire from the keyswitch back to see if one has broken or come loose (which they all look fine from a cursory check). But any other ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Dani42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2018, 03:09 PM   #2
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1994 Club Car DS, only runs when solenoid jumped

When you JUMP the solenoid what are you bypassing per the wiring diagram ?
make sure switches are correct 2 or 3 pole, and correct type NO or NC and connected properly.
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:27 PM   #3
Dani42
Not Yet Wild

So we are jumping the two large poles, which one side has the hot wire from the battery, the accelerator limit switch (replaced today from dealer), the neutral lockout limit switch (replaced today from dealer), and fuse (replaced today). The other large pole has the voltage regulator, the keyswitch and the starter/generator on it.

And all parts are from dealer and match number wise to what we replaced and we hooked them all back up exact same as they were before replacing.

P.S. This started after our 14 year old got a little heavy footed on speed bumps and knocked the clutches out of alignment, lost the snubber, and threw a belt. Everything is now fixed EXCEPT for this starting issue.

I am mechanically inclined and love working on stuff with my husband, but electrical issues, not so much and just kind of self teach as I go along, but I cannot figure this one out for the life of me.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:33 PM   #4
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

The switches you replaced give you a path to ground. Make sure your grounds are still intact.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:36 PM   #5
Dani42
Not Yet Wild

That's what my husband was thinking, so now we just have to figure out where any and all grounds are running. I was all over it today and don't remember seeing any specific grounding to the frame or anything, but we are going to start tracing best we can.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:39 PM   #6
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

The bracket that holds your dipstick tube to the motor at the top should have a large bare braided wire going forward to the frame. Inside the black box under the seat on the drivers side should have a voltage regulator ( a 2 or 3 inch square with 4 or 5 wires) with black wires attached to the mounting screw that goes thru the box to ground. And of course the battery negative terminal should have a good clean ground to the frame. Hope this helps.

Here is a 95 - 96 DS service manual that will be close enough to yours. There is a wiring diagram and trouble shooting that will work for you. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...ice_manual.pdf
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car