lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: selonoid rxv overheating

But you said you're getting 50.1 volts at the solenoid. The solenoid pictured is 36 volts. Might that explain the overheating?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by apro2929 View Post
I see . I didn't notice that .
I didn't receive a solenoid .
But Both the picture of the kit in their website and the description don't contain a solenoid.
Maybe You should call EzGo to verify as step 22 also instructs you to install the new solenoid.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:29 PM   #23
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by apro2929 View Post
I bought the conversion kit from ezgo official website : https://shop.txtsv.com/danaher-6-8v-...conversion-kit
and it is 1206AC-5211 curtis controller
This is the conversion manual :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1O...xOTNGb0FB/view

But how will that affect the solenoid ??

I measured the voltage across the 2 small terminals and it's a little lower than the battery (battery: 51.8 V and solenoid voltage : 50.1 V )
I don't see any value close to 36v or 28.8v !!
So What do you think the problem is?
I apparently cannot read anything from Google Drive links, likely my DOD firewall not passing it due to Googles participation in global spyware.

It does sound like your Main PWM value may be off of the mark. Are you measuring it at the solenoid terminals with the solenoid connected? Or disconnected? It will only read correctly when loaded by the solenoid being connected.

I don't doubt E-Z-GO would screw up. There are so many idiots there that don't know their own products! They probably think that all RXV controllers have the same programming. Jeesh! Maybe they disabled the powerup tests to allow it to work. Functionally it'll work, it's just the powerup tests will fail when it tries testing the encoders, as they will all powerup at the same time when using the conversion harness vs powering up in sequence for testing with a true Curtis harness.

Where are you located?

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:54 AM   #24
apro2929
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Maybe You should call EzGo to verify as step 22 also instructs you to install the new solenoid.
I contacted them . Still waiting for a reply. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I apparently cannot read anything from Google Drive links, likely my DOD firewall not passing it due to Googles participation in global spyware.

It does sound like your Main PWM value may be off of the mark. Are you measuring it at the solenoid terminals with the solenoid connected? Or disconnected? It will only read correctly when loaded by the solenoid being connected.

I don't doubt E-Z-GO would screw up. There are so many idiots there that don't know their own products! They probably think that all RXV controllers have the same programming. Jeesh! Maybe they disabled the powerup tests to allow it to work. Functionally it'll work, it's just the powerup tests will fail when it tries testing the encoders, as they will all powerup at the same time when using the conversion harness vs powering up in sequence for testing with a true Curtis harness.

Where are you located?

Bob
I'm located in Egypt.
Here is another link of my installation manual
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0ygfdi...2018-05-20.pdf

I did the voltage test while the cart is ON and in forward mode .
Obviously , My controller applies 48 V on the small terminals of the solenoid not 36V.

I didn't get your point .
Do you say that curtis controller in general should apply 36V in the beginning and 28.8 then AND my curtis controller apply 48V due to some changes in my controller?

If so , What do you propose:
-Can I change this again using the handheld?
-Can I use a 48V solenoid without changing anything?
apro2929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:01 AM   #25
apro2929
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
But you said you're getting 50.1 volts at the solenoid. The solenoid pictured is 36 volts. Might that explain the overheating?
Yes , I think it did.
I'm a bit confused .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302481674045?rmvSB=true
Even 48V solenoid in this ebay pictured 36 volts.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:06 AM   #26
apro2929
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Page 1 of your conversion manual says You should have received a 48v HD Solenoid part #649373
Also , I can't find this solenoid (part #649373) anywhere
Old 06-13-2018, 08:40 AM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

As it has been mentioned, the Curtis controllers have the ability to set the PWM for both "pull-in" and "hold" voltage for the Solenoid.

That means technically any solenoid coil voltage would work (12v, 24v, 36v, 48v, etc..), it all depends on how the new Controller is configured.

Unless you have a programmer tool to verify for yourself, the folks you purchased the controller from will have to tell you how it was configured.

Make sure when you are measuring the voltage on the solenoid that you have your meter probes in both coil posts, do not use the pack negative as reference since the controller modulates (PWM) the negative side of the solenoid coil.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #28
apro2929
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
As it has been mentioned, the Curtis controllers have the ability to set the PWM for both "pull-in" and "hold" voltage for the Solenoid.

That means technically any solenoid coil voltage would work (12v, 24v, 36v, 48v, etc..), it all depends on how the new Controller is configured.

Unless you have a programmer tool to verify for yourself, the folks you purchased the controller from will have to tell you how it was configured.

Make sure when you are measuring the voltage on the solenoid that you have your meter probes in both coil posts, do not use the pack negative as reference since the controller modulates (PWM) the negative side of the solenoid coil.
Thank you .I ensured that i'm measuring the voltage on the solenoid in both coil posts.

Someone i know has a handheld for curtis DC controller . I'm not sure if it would work for my AC controller.

I'll try .
Old 06-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #29
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes it will work because you already did the conversion to a Curtis controller.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #30
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

It depends upon the access level of the handset he has access to.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO