lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2018, 08:50 AM   #11
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Battery full charge??

Here is a pic of the charger I have. The cart is now on 36.8V and the charger will kick on for a second then back off. It has done this a few times for the last minute or 2. It’s like it wants to kick on but won’t stay on. I am hearing a click but then it clicks right back off. Would that be the board going bad causing that problem? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98A38CF4-C0B3-4F13-8CE7-9681A537B0FC.jpg (163.9 KB, 0 views)
Jonathan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2018, 02:25 PM   #12
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Update: So I bypassed the board on the charger and the charger is now charging the cart. So that tells me that the problem is the board on the charger. Does anyone know where to buy a new board for my charger? I have a Power Wise Model# 28115 G01. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:26 PM   #13
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Since I am currently charging my cart by bypassing the board will the charger still cut off automatically like it should? Or do I need to keep and eye on it and cut it off myself when it reaches 100% charged?
Old 08-02-2018, 03:52 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You must babysit it, it will never turn off unless the wall outlet plug is unplugged. And the control board isn't hard to find, check the site sponsors.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:19 PM   #15
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Well I had to leave the house and the cart on charge. When I got back the meter in the cart was reading 42 volts. I stopped the charger and it is currently going down to 39.6 and seems to be dropping while I’m watching it. Should I have left it on the charge or did I let it go to far as it is?
Old 08-02-2018, 08:39 PM   #16
rib33024

Between 44 and 46 volts is where you want to unplug the charger.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:46 PM   #17
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Can I plug it back in? Or with bypassing it will it hurt it?
Old 08-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #18
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’ve had good success with these:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173406121220

But maybe a site sponsor sells them. I’d check them first.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:34 AM   #19
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

I just want to double check. You guys are saying that I should charge my 36V cart until the meter says 44-46 Volts? That seems high to me.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:25 AM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan08 View Post
I just want to double check. You guys are saying that I should charge my 36V cart until the meter says 44-46 Volts? That seems high to me.
When working properly, your PW 28115 charger shuts off when the On-Charge voltage climbs to 45V +/-1V. Ironically, 45V is an arbitrary voltage that was selected to "adequately" charge a new battery and not seriously overcharging older batteries. To "fully" charge newer batteries a voltage higher than 45V is needed.

Technically, a lead-acid wet-cell deep-cycle battery is not fully charged until the Specific Gravity of the electrolyte ceases to rise while a charging current is passing through it. Since the battery's voltage tracks the SG of the electrolyte, it can be inferred that the battery isn't fully charged until the on-charge voltage ceases to rise while a charging current is passing through it.

Modern chargers that use dV/dT (change in Voltage over change in Time) technology can take the on-charge voltage a lot higher than 45V and come much closer to fully charging new battery packs. Since the max voltage reached is determined by the battery rather than by a committee, older battery packs are not overcharged when dV/dT is used.

The batteries acquire a "surface charge" when charged and must sit with oout being charged or discharged for about 12 hours to get the At-Rest voltages seen on the SoC tables.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, ezgo txt pds 2002 36volt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO