lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2018, 06:08 AM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 RXV w/ Delta-Q Quiq Charger issues

The grey "wire" is not a wire, it is a 2 conductor cable that terminates in a thermister inside of that block at the end, thermally bonded to the ring of the ring terminal that bolts to the battery. It is there to measure the battery temperature, not the voltage of the battery. Mine is not connected to any battery at all, since I replaced my batteries with a lithium pack.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2018, 06:33 AM   #12
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The grey "wire" is not a wire, it is a 2 conductor cable that terminates in a thermister inside of that block at the end, thermally bonded to the ring of the ring terminal that bolts to the battery. It is there to measure the battery temperature, not the voltage of the battery. Mine is not connected to any battery at all, since I replaced my batteries with a lithium pack.
So if its not a wire, it doesnt do any good to check resistance. I am wondering if my board in my cart receptacle is fried again. We have had some lightning storms here but its just odd this has happened twice in a year. I would assume if it was lightning getting it, it would also get the charger but maybe I am wrong. It might not be the receptacle at all.
av8erdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:32 AM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8erdunn View Post
So if its not a wire, it doesnt do any good to check resistance. I am wondering if my board in my cart receptacle is fried again. We have had some lightning storms here but its just odd this has happened twice in a year. I would assume if it was lightning getting it, it would also get the charger but maybe I am wrong. It might not be the receptacle at all.
I had a nearby (1/2 mile away) lightning strike take out my Delta-Q Quiq charger.

I replaced it with a less expensive 18 Amp charger from eBay. That charger ruined my RXV batteries by repeatedly going back on wide open for no reason after finishing charge, and boiling the water out of the batteries. The seller kept refusing to accept that the charger was faulty and told me via eBay messages to keep trying. It ended up costing him, eBay penalized him $750 for the cost of a new set of batteries. I went lithium.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:52 AM   #14
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I had a nearby (1/2 mile away) lightning strike take out my Delta-Q Quiq charger.

I replaced it with a less expensive 18 Amp charger from eBay. That charger ruined my RXV batteries by repeatedly going back on wide open for no reason after finishing charge, and boiling the water out of the batteries. The seller kept refusing to accept that the charger was faulty and told me via eBay messages to keep trying. It ended up costing him, eBay penalized him $750 for the cost of a new set of batteries. I went lithium.
Would you mind if I asked what that involved and the cost? Does it use a different charger?
Old 10-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Would you mind if I asked what that involved and the cost? Does it use a different charger?
About $700 if you go with the 7 Nissan Leaf module route. Simplest as well...
I used a $40 BMS to control my charger, and cut off the cart if the lithium pack gets too low.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:22 PM   #16
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
About $700 if you go with the 7 Nissan Leaf module route. Simplest as well...
I used a $40 BMS to control my charger, and cut off the cart if the lithium pack gets too low.
Wow!!! Thats cheap for sure. I will keep that in mind when I need to replace the batteries. What was the major advantage over going back with lead acid other than weight savings?
Old 10-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Wow!!! Thats cheap for sure. I will keep that in mind when I need to replace the batteries. What was the major advantage over going back with lead acid other than weight savings?
cost, weight, power, and range.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:56 PM   #18
del50man
Gone Wild

Club Car

What was the final outcome in fixing the red flashing issue here? Was it the BMS? I put brand new batteries in my cart (72v) and the cart is reading 76v. Gave me the two flashes and stop, then two flashes. The cart was fully charged when doing this. Now the batteries are drained down 1/2 way and still giving the same flashes.

Anyone have an idea? What can I do?
del50man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:09 PM   #19
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

It was the charge port in the cart.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:40 PM   #20
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Is the nominal voltage setting correct for the pack voltage being used?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO