lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2018, 03:13 PM   #1
Park1200
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default FN2-XCT Questions

2008 EZGO 36v Alltrax 500 with FN2, stock motor, oversized tires

With that said... I Have been running the Alltrax 500 without the FN2. No speed limit. Cart runs fast. A little bit of a dog when going up hills, does not seem to have enough power or torque (not sure) prob should have went to 48v during the build.

With the FN2 installed is put the settings similar to what came in the printout that came with it. Now its slower, and dogs down to a creep going up hills (if it can even make it) and just seems to not have much power or torque at all.

I had sent the FN2 back to Alltrax because when the speed was cranked all the way to the right it put some type of fault in the controller and would shut off until I rolled it back a little. It still does this after reinstall.

What Im looking for:
I want to be able to control the speed and break. Without limiting the overall top speed when maxed out. I also would like to get the torque going up hills (this may not happen due to the 36v). I feel that I prob have the settings off in the controller.

What are the changes in settings that I need to make? What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated
Park1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2018, 04:32 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: FN2-XCT Questions

Pictures would help. If you have screen shots of the alltrax software for how things are set up when you have the FN2 installed that might point out the issue.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:35 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Are you finding that when you turn the regen knob up or down it is effecting the top speed? Would like to see the settings also
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:19 PM   #4
Park1200
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Pictures would help. If you have screen shots of the alltrax software for how things are set up when you have the FN2 installed that might point out the issue.
Ill work on getting some screen shots. I got to go check on my guys tonight. I should have some by tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:21 PM   #5
Park1200
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Are you finding that when you turn the regen knob up or down it is effecting the top speed? Would like to see the settings also
The regen seems to be assisting stopping the cart all the way to the right and of corse more on the left. But I'm not getting the coasting when all the way to the right (as I expected).
Old 11-27-2018, 06:52 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am not sure about your left and right descriptions for a knob.

All the way counter-clockwise is the minimum of the range You set.

All the way clockwise is the maximum of the range you set.

The cart will only coast with the Regen knob all the way counter-clockwise if the "Maximum Regen Armature Amps" range starts at 0 amps.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:00 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Wadda ya expect, he's from Athens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (257.3 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:09 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

But the low end setting is a user input as is the high end, so no coasting unless the low end is 0.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fn2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO