lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2018, 10:36 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Heavy Duty Forwad Revese Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriswallace View Post
I will take a picture tomorrow but it was the top lug on the the switch it melted and pushed through the plastic. I think it’s A2 I will look tomorrow the second switch is from Scotty B and definitely I could tell It was heavy duty and made very well. I am going to check if the brakes are dragging also but what I’m thinking since the the switch was hard too move maybe it was not pushed all the way in full position.
Very good point. Is your neighbor old and/or weak?

Regardless, you've done the correct thing, and if his cables/connections are good, he'll never have another problem with the reversing contractor.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2018, 10:39 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
More weight and taller tires take more torque, but that is offset by the motor be able to produce more torque and more torque means more amps. A 48V system only need 2/3 the amps to do the same amount of work as a 36V system, but regardless of voltage, the same number of watts is needed to do the same amount of work.
Unless he expects more work, ie: go pedal to the floor uphill.

Sorry, both statements are correct. But to the owner, not OP, pushing the go pedal to the floor may not be perceived as more work.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:03 AM   #13
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did install the switch for him. He could have loosened the middle nut because he did complain a lot about how hard it was but not positive. I do have a sw202 from Scotty b coming this week. Once I get it up and running I got a wireless amp probe I am going to see what its pulling.
Thanks for all the info
Eddie
harriswallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:22 AM   #14
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also I just realized I spelled reverse wrong in the title.
harriswallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:35 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Your neighbor will be happy with the extra voltage, and once you install the reversing contactor, assuming his cables are good, he'll be real happy.

Who the hell has ever complained with a series going from 36 to 48 volts?
Old 12-19-2018, 12:36 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriswallace View Post
I did install the switch for him. He could have loosened the middle nut because he did complain a lot about how hard it was but not positive. I do have a sw202 from Scotty b coming this week. Once I get it up and running I got a wireless amp probe I am going to see what its pulling.
Thanks for all the info
Eddie
You don't need an amprobe. Just hook up a laptop and do a datalog.

Regardless, the components you and he have installed should take anything you throw at it. BUT, it wouldn't hurt to see if there might be some excess drag, that doesn't make sense, such as brake drag.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO