lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2019, 09:30 AM   #1
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Default Cleaning rear differential goop out.

What type of cleaner or spray to clean out the old goop from rear plug missing in rear diff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190317_092521.jpg (129.0 KB, 0 views)
MUDSLINGER250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2019, 09:47 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cleaning rear differential goop out.

Is there actual debris - like sand, grit, etc. - or just wet lube? RXVs are posi, or limited slip, or whatever, so don't just follow TXT rear-end recommendations.

I know when I redid my TXT, I REALLY wanted to clean it thoroughly with a good solvent, but was told not to by several people. I didn't question it, even though mine had small metal filings in it, so I didn't. I'd follow advise of folks who know, and don't just use your milk bottle top solution - something I've done more than once.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:38 AM   #3
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

I just used some rags and paint sticks. Reached in wiped all I could cleaned everything I could get to best i could. I poured about 10 ounces of new oil in the cover resiliconed everything and bolted the pan back on. I still dont have a plug so I plugged it with a napkin and taped it on. I'm bringing the new plug next time I come to my farm and I'll put the plug in top the oil off and itll be done. There was no sand or metal just grey greasy goop.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:38 PM   #4
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Pull the pan and flush with miniral spirits. Pour miniral spirits thru opening once you have removed motor. Use a paint brush to clean off any surfaces you can reach.
I would drain and refill oil after a short trip, and maybe several times later till lube comes out clean.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:25 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Brake cleaner. When I switched from regular oil to synthetic oil I used about 5 spray cans of brake cleaner to clean axles, housing, differential. It worked great.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:17 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSLINGER250 View Post
I just used some rags and paint sticks. Reached in wiped all I could cleaned everything I could get to best i could. I poured about 10 ounces of new oil in the cover resiliconed everything and bolted the pan back on. I still dont have a plug so I plugged it with a napkin and taped it on. I'm bringing the new plug next time I come to my farm and I'll put the plug in top the oil off and itll be done. There was no sand or metal just grey greasy goop.
Correct fill level for Rxv is significantly more than 10oz. 739cc is correct.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #7
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Yeah that's all I put in it until I get back up there with the real plug that goes in it. I just put that much so it wouldn't run out the drain hole while I was gone. I got my new plug ordered I'll top the oil off when I have the new plug to put in. Tilt the cart with my tractor loader fill it up plug it.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #8
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Is that because the cover is deeper on the RXV?
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:44 PM   #9
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Brake cleaner. Get in those crannies where you can't see. Goop never seems to stop. Let it air out and dry before adding your oil.
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:56 PM   #10
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggieman18 View Post
Brake cleaner. Get in those crannies where you can't see. Goop never seems to stop. Let it air out and dry before adding your oil.
I'll do that next time it's already halfway filled , siliconed and bolted back on. Reason I didnt spray anything in it was I was told not to at first answer. It wasnt horrible inside of it I'll give it a good cleaning next go round.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO