lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2019, 06:21 PM   #1
Gopherz02
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default One bad battery????

Have a txt 36 v. Forgot to turn it to tow mode for the winter. Hooked up the golf charger and it wouldn’t turn on. So I manually charged all the battery’s and just today got the charger to turn on. In the process I noticed one battery didn’t read a voltage and won’t manually charge. Can I swap out just one or what do I do? When I bought it the golf cart shop said they were one to two years old.
Gopherz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2019, 06:26 PM   #2
A47441
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: One bad battery????

The date is stamped on the battery post

Letter and number.

GCG Wichita
A47441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:34 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopherz02 View Post
Have a txt 36 v. Forgot to turn it to tow mode for the winter. Hooked up the golf charger and it wouldn’t turn on. So I manually charged all the battery’s and just today got the charger to turn on. In the process I noticed one battery didn’t read a voltage and won’t manually charge. Can I swap out just one or what do I do? When I bought it the golf cart shop said they were one to two years old.
Depending on the age, one option is to buy a used battery the same age, Amp-Hours, and ideally same make and model.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:38 PM   #4
A47441
Not Yet Wild

Yurtle is correct

GCG Wichita
A47441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:48 PM   #5
ggroff
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

One bad battery don't spoil the whole bunch....

I had one freeze during the cold snap, replaced with the same brand and capacity 'reconditioned' battery and so far alles klar, herr kommissar.
ggroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:00 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Depending on the age, one option is to buy a used battery the same age, Amp-Hours, and ideally same make and model.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:21 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you do not have access to a used battery of similar capacity you can put a new battery of similar capacity (AH) in the pack. just know that this new battery will be reduced to the same age as the rest of the pack in a few short months. But it will work just fine as a single replacement.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO