lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
TDCman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad Bounce - Unstable 2012 EZGO TXT

Need some help as I'm starting to get desperate. My cart, which is a pretty standard non-lifted cart, bounces badly. I've done the following that has not resolved the issue:

New tires - which were needed
New rear springs/shocks - which were needed
Front shocks - note really sure if these were needed (did not put new springs on front)
Front alignment - was off pretty bad, about 3/4"
Dropped tire pressure down to 15 PSI

I bought the cart used but it rode nicely at that time. None of the above fixed my issue although some may have helped a little.

What else do I need to look at? If 'feels' like the bouncing may be coming from the rear.

Thanks...

PS: sorry about the duplicate and apparently empty post. Think we were having database problems at the time.

Last edited by TDCman; 03-22-2019 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: clarification
TDCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2019, 05:23 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Switch front wheels to rear. See if bounce seems to come from front after switch.
This will determine if it’s a wheel issue.
Confused in that if cart rode fine when you bought it.
Did problem start after parts replacement?or did problem start from sitting then you replaced parts to correct it ?
If cart rode fine when bought, what happened to cart that problem showed up ?
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:12 PM   #3
TDCman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Switch front wheels to rear. See if bounce seems to come from front after switch.
This will determine if it’s a wheel issue.
Confused in that if cart rode fine when you bought it.
Did problem start after parts replacement?or did problem start from sitting then you replaced parts to correct it ?
If cart rode fine when bought, what happened to cart that problem showed up ?
Thanks Cobra. I bought the cart used in 2014 and the problems seem to start after the cart sat for five months last summer. Since getting back home I've replaced the batteries along with all the stuff described above.

Today I reinstalled one of the rear springs where the lug didn't seem to seat properly in the axle. Also re-torqued all the wheels. Seemed better but still some bounce mostly when accelerating.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:02 PM   #4
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nylon tires develop flat spots when just sitting, it takes about 1/2 mile on smooth road for them to ride smooth
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:38 AM   #5
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is the bounce happening on level ground, or over/after bumps? If on level ground, DannyAbear has most likely given you the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyAbear View Post
Nylon tires develop flat spots when just sitting, it takes about 1/2 mile on smooth road for them to ride smooth
If it's not level ground, can you give more information? Do you hear any thumps, what kind of bumps, is it like a boat, etc...
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #6
TDCman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Mostly on level streets. I'm going to move some of the tires around and see if I can identify any type of issue with a specific wheel/tire. Not real optimistic as the issue has been there with the old and new tires.

How often do the front springs actually need to be replaced. Replaced the rear because they were flat and looked obviously worn but not the fronts.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

It is possible for springs to be broken but not be obvious. Springs are the suspension and shocks are merely dampers, to stop "bouncing".
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO