lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2019, 09:09 PM   #11
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax AXE4855 repacement

I have an Alltrax 4845 which is basically the same controller. It is a legacy product and believe it or not, their tech support will still walk you through troubleshooting. I'd almost be willing to bet that with the led status, the controller is fine and the issue lies elsewhere in the system.

When I first got the cart, the previous owner had really miswired the whole system, I'm assuming in an attempt to bypass an issue. After going back and rewiring everything, I ended up calling Alltrax and they walked me through a quick diagnostic with my multimeter over the phone. I quickly discovered an issue with the induction coil in the throttle box.
Brob1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2019, 11:24 AM   #12
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, its back up and running.. Did I fix the problem or is it in its finicky run mode, time will tell.
I went and bought contact spray and cleaned and spayed everything. I tried to read the voltage from the ITS white wire to the B- battery...you need to be an octopus to do that.. I was not getting any readings... user error.. Finally I cut the molex plug and heat shrinked the four wires. Something triggered it working again not sure what.. Anything I should check now that it is running?
lithoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:13 AM   #13
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Crap.. not running again.. Okay.. I am not getting any voltage from ITS white wire to the B- at the battery.. I did have continuity from the white ITS wire to the controller..also could the micro switch be bad, I checked continuity engaged and not engaged it showed continuity both ways?
Anything else I should try?
Old 03-30-2019, 01:10 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Error codes? Throttle troubleshooting from Stickies.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:41 PM   #15
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, the micro-switch can most definitely fail.
Brob1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:06 PM   #16
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Error codes? Throttle troubleshooting from Stickies.
I understand that there are troubleshooting in the stickies.. my question was to the experts that troubleshoot or understand the basics to help speed up the process and may bypass unnecessary testing..
the non voltage test reading I got from ITS....the troubleshooting section says if the voltage is not …... than replace the ITS as it is bad.. so my thought were if the micro switch was bad could that give a faulty reading on the (ITS)?.. would rather replace the micro switch than the ITS..

I do appreciate all your suggestions .. thankyou.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:11 PM   #17
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brob1969 View Post
Yes, the micro-switch can most definitely fail.
Yes, I was questioning whether the reading was indicative of a good or bad micro switch.. continuity on with or without the button pushed?
Old 03-30-2019, 04:36 PM   #18
rib33024

If you don't do the test that are asked of you it makes it hard to help you . It's hard to help if you don't have access to the cart. That's why you have to do the test asked. There are steps you have to take to fix a problem like yours There is no quick fix with a problem like yours. works don't work
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:54 PM   #19
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
If you don't do the test that are asked of you it makes it hard to help you . It's hard to help if you don't have access to the cart. That's why you have to do the test asked. There are steps you have to take to fix a problem like yours There is no quick fix with a problem like yours. works don't work

Understood.. but I did do the tests asked of me.. test the ITS voltage.. I got none.. I decided to check the micro switch and got continuity with or without the button pushed.. was hoping someone would say..you f...up the voltage test as no one gets not 0 on checking the ITS voltage..or that's your problem replace (its), its your problem.. pun intented
Old 03-30-2019, 07:53 PM   #20
rib33024

Have nice day
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO