lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2019, 08:49 AM   #1
txbuggieman
Not Yet Wild

Default 36v ezgo help needed

I need a little help diagnosing an issue on my cart if someone on here is knowledgable.

When the key is on, showing full battery, pressing the throttle all I hear is the click of the solenoid, the cart will not move, in either forward or reverse. Prior to this, we could be driving the cart and out of no where it would just stop and do the same thing.

So I've tested all batteries and they're all showing a little over 6v, and together showing a hair over 36v. I replaced the throttle sensor, thinking that by testing some voltage areas that way my problem. Didnt fix the problem

So I tested the solenoid as described in many online articles, testing the post closest to the batteries and should get a voltage less than that of the batteries by about 3v. Well, that post on the solenoid is reading the exact same as the batteries, but it is also connected directly to the positive side of the batteries. However, the post opposite the side of the batteries is reading right at 34v, giving a difference of about 2.7 to 2.8v.

So I'm a little confused, according to the articles, the post I'm getting the lower reading on isn't the one the articles said I should be.

So it makes me question my test I did on the controller. I tested the M and B+ terminals on the controller and when pressing the accelerator got no reading whatsoever.

I'm not sure what to say is wrong though, according to the articles, by testing the post closest to the batteries and getting an identical reading, my solenoid is bad, and if that's the case then my test on the controller is void.

But if the readings I actually got on my solenoid are what they are suppose to be, then that would most likely confirm my controller is bad.

Anyone here have any knowledge on these things?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
txbuggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v ezgo help needed

What make and model controller is it you are testing
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:06 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

6 volts and 36 volts is a very dead pack. Get them on charger before doing anything else.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:28 AM   #4
txbuggieman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
6 volts and 36 volts is a very dead pack. Get them on charger before doing anything else.
Even with them fully charged I still have this same problem. Off an on, over and over. I came fresh off a charge last week, drove from the front of my house to the back, got off, walked inside, came right back out got on it...click...no movement.

Controller is an alltrax axe4855

Old 05-24-2019, 09:59 AM   #5
txbuggieman
Not Yet Wild

Not sure if it helps any, but when this issue first started, it would just stop working out of no where, if I would let it sit for an hour or so, it would start working again

Old 05-24-2019, 10:10 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You might want to eliminate the 4 wire Molex connector that connects the throttle box with the wiring harness. It's usually located as shown, between FNR and controller/solenoid. I soldered mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Molex.jpeg (254.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbuggieman View Post
Even with them fully charged I still have this same problem. Off an on, over and over. I came fresh off a charge last week, drove from the front of my house to the back, got off, walked inside, came right back out got on it...click...no movement.

Controller is an alltrax axe4855

Batteries should be charged after EVERY run, or at least at the end of the day. Leaving them at 50% SOC will kill them.

Series cart.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:54 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The AXE controller still utilizes the OEM harness plug. Pull the plug off and visual inspect it for any signs of arcing or burning.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:47 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

My AXW4855 didn't. I had to cut it off and use female spade connectors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2016.jpg (326.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2153.jpg (257.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-24-2019, 02:50 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Or was it SPM ? So many generations has gone under the bridge now
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO