lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2019, 05:08 AM   #1
Qman97
Getting Wild

Default Mother in law help

Hey all,

My MIL has a 2002 TXT 36v cart that bucks and jumps when she is driving it. Batteries are new, I checked the ITS gap and output and everything is fine, the F/R switch is clean and working good. I will attach a pic of the solenoid but I hear click when pedal is pushed.

If you push the go pedal in slowly you can hear the solenoid click, the cart bucks and acts and sounds like the solenoid is clicking. It runs fine once it’s moving and keeps a constant speed without bucking or jerking it’s only if you very slowly press the pedal.

I did the molex plug fix this weekend hoping it would fix the issue but no luck.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can check and/or adjust?

Thanks!

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 53EDD69A-2284-4CD6-92D4-A0FFEBED86F4.jpg (155.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3AE093C1-AB90-47F7-8C4E-9E9D852A8CB4.jpg (149.0 KB, 0 views)
Qman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2019, 06:30 AM   #2
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Re: Mother in law help

Even though the batteries are new the questions that still remain, what is the pack voltage and what is the voltage of each battery under load?
Others will more knowledge will chime in but will need other info as well such as what drive type, what controller is in the cart and is the cart lifted.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:04 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sounds like motor brushes. Once they start spinning a bad contact won’t be as noticeable.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:14 AM   #4
Qman97
Getting Wild

Oops forgot to put that on the OP

Series cart, batteries meter out good both at rest and under load. I don’t remember exact numbers but when I tested they all looked good as a pack and individually

I don’t feel any slipping or anything like that, what it feels like/sounds like is the solenoid opening and closing until more pedal is pushed. Only happens from dead stop
Qman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

kgsc suggested brushes, and said the behavior matches. It's not a huge deal to remove the motor and check the brushes. Once taken apart, it's a good opportunity to change the bearing. Detailed instructions are in the manual in the Stickies.

The reed switch, MS2, key switch, and MS3 all need to close in order for the solenoid to close and stay closed. A bad connection on any of these could cause the solenoid to momentarily open. You eliminated the Molex, but any of the switches and the spade connectors on the wiring could be intermittent, but that doesn't explain how it only does this at slow speed. You said it "sounds" like the solenoid may be opening and closing. Can you confirm the solenoid is actually doing this? Maybe drive without the seat, and you or someone else listen/feel if the solenoid is actually doing what you think is happening.kgsc suggested brushes. It's not a huge deal to remove the motor and check the brushes. Once taken apart, it's a good opportunity to change the bearing. Detailed instructions are in the manual in the Stickies.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO