lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help in little words? EXGO losing power on hills,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I like your quote LOL, so true. Yes it's a PDS system, it has the run/tow switch (I always put it in tow when messing with it) and the rocker switch. Ok looking at the chart;

It hasn't stopped it just loses power until it crawls or stops on the hills.
No solenoid clicks or noises

I did the diagnostic mode, in run, key off (Key not in does that make a difference?) neutral to reverse 5 times, nothing, no noise no beep, nothing. Could it be too old? It's 36V. I don't know the exact age it doesn't fit any of the stuff online perfectly to find the year.
Beeper might be disconnected. Does it sound when F/R is in R?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2019, 02:56 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Also, how tall are your tires? Stock height is 18" tall.

Does cart have rear seat?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #13
DanaC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolflt View Post
You actually don’t have to disconnect them to test them individually
Well crappola... that would have saved me some time LOL.

OH and it is a PDS cart. I wrote it out in the first post but no seemed to notice. Precision Drive System.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:08 PM   #14
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Just an opinion to help you out. Did you replace all the battery cables when you swapped out your batteries. An Old Hot cable will cause issues. try jacking your cart up on jack stands. run the cart, feeling for hot spots, motor, solenoid, wires.
you have a great attitude, its a machine it can be fixed & i hope you get back on the road soon.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:27 PM   #15
DanaC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Also, how tall are your tires? Stock height is 18" tall.

Does cart have rear seat?
They are 20" and it does have a back seat thingee. The thing is it ran fine with the seat and the tires. Then it just didn't.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #16
DanaC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Just an opinion to help you out. Did you replace all the battery cables when you swapped out your batteries. An Old Hot cable will cause issues. try jacking your cart up on jack stands. run the cart, feeling for hot spots, motor, solenoid, wires.
you have a great attitude, its a machine it can be fixed & i hope you get back on the road soon.
No I didn't. I took them in, examined them, cleaned all of the ends with steel wool and replaced the ends on a few. They look fine. Should I check them to see if they are hot?
Old 08-08-2019, 03:32 PM   #17
DanaC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Beeper might be disconnected. Does it sound when F/R is in R?
No , it never made any noise at all.... it's my first cart I didn't think it was supposed to LOL. I am not fond of machines making noises at me... but if it needs to tell me what is wrong that's a bit different I guess.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #18
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What Charger do you have? Can you give the model number on it?
If that's blinking a red light it might mean its not charging properly.

Two things You can easily check.
One is to connect your voltmeter to the pack with alligator leads and check the pack voltage while you're driving the cart. We need to see how much the voltage is dropping when the batteries are put under load.

The other is to check the pack voltage before, and while the charger is plugged in. You should see an increase in voltage once the charger is on, and that should steadily increase for several hours. If the voltage is not going up with the charger on, then the batteries are not charging.

Something else you can do is upload a picture of your battery compartment so we can make sure all of the batteries are connected properly.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:13 PM   #19
DanaC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post

One is to connect your voltmeter to the pack with alligator leads and check the pack voltage while you're driving the cart. We need to see how much the voltage is dropping when the batteries are put under load.

The other is to check the pack voltage before, and while the charger is plugged in. You should see an increase in voltage once the charger is on, and that should steadily increase for several hours. If the voltage is not going up with the charger on, then the batteries are not charging.

Something else you can do is upload a picture of your battery compartment so we can make sure all of the batteries are connected properly.
It's brand new, the cart did the same crap with the old charger though. The new one is a modz max 23 15 amp, a month or so old. BUT it blinks back and forth between red and green. The old charger just had on or off light.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #20
DanaC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post

I tried to upload pics but it says my account is too new. Can a mod change it? Or am I missing something?

I don't understand pack voltage (I'm sorry) Where is the right place to check pack voltage?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO