lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2019, 07:46 PM   #21
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help in little words? EXGO losing power on hills,

Your six 6v batteries are connected in series to get your 36 volts. The way I’ve seen it labeled is battery #1 is the front one on the passenger side and is pack positive. The one directly behind it, towards the back of the cart, is #6 and is pack negative. If you were to take a meter and put the red probe on the + terminal of #1 battery, and the black probe on the negative terminal of #6 battery you would see 36v (actually around 38.2 for a charged pack) You’ll notice that those two terminals are the only ones hooked to anything else in your cart other than other batteries.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2019, 09:01 PM   #22
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Orangeman 6 discribed where to connect voltmeter leads to read pack voltage That will tell you voltage under load”going up hills” also weather you see voltage increase when charging to prove charger is working.

Do you have auto parts store nearby to purchase hydrometer?
Useing that will also determine state of charge along with identifieing a bad battery cell.
Each cell should be roughly 1.250 when charged.
Cell below 1200 should get your attention once charged.

Site sponsor carts unlimited has good battery info along with the manuals on “sticky” section of this forum should have all you need on battery care😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:56 AM   #23
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I tried to upload pics but it says my account is too new. Can a mod change it? Or am I missing something?
You can post pics any time you want to using the forum.

You can not post a link to anything for your first 7 days

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/test-...ing-101-a.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:27 PM   #24
DanaC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok I may have found the problem but still need help. I found 3 wires shoved underneath the motor that are not hooked to anything. They come from the thing that is attached to the wall between the engine compartment and the drivers left leg. Where do they go?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:48 PM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok I may have found the problem but still need help. I found 3 wires shoved underneath the motor that are not hooked to anything. They come from the thing that is attached to the wall between the engine compartment and the drivers left leg. Where do they go?

Your images are not being shown.

Best way is the attach them to a post using the paperclip, highlighted in attached screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paperclip circled.jpg (53.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:03 PM   #26
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, all those cables you have running from one battery to the next are the horrible ones that are known for melting battery terminals. I suggest getting rid of them asap. When they fail, they ruin the battery terminal, not the cheap cable. Those cheap cables stand a chance of ruining the batteries, a much more expensive fix than a cable.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:12 PM   #27
DanaC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Also, all those cables you have running from one battery to the next are the horrible ones that are known for melting battery terminals. I suggest getting rid of them asap. When they fail, they ruin the battery terminal, not the cheap cable. Those cheap cables stand a chance of ruining the batteries, a much more expensive fix than a cable.
Ok so which ones should I get?
Old 08-10-2019, 08:15 PM   #28
DanaC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I'm sorry they should be now....
Old 08-11-2019, 04:29 PM   #29
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Any high quality cables, like from ScottyB, or one of the other vendors who offer HD cables made with welding cable. Anything but the crummy auto parts store cables.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:42 AM   #30
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Are you asking about the little fuse block on the driver’s side wheel well?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO