lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2019, 11:17 AM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Uncommon Key Switch for 2017 EZGO RXV?

Kernel just take the key and lock if possible to a locksmith and get extras cut. They can match it up.
Should be one of these blanks.
MFG : Part Number
Cole: B1
Curtis:B-3
Ilco: 1098L
Ilco EZ: B3
Strattec: 42106

And I stole this from another member here
Here are the blanks: (aftermarket Ilco EZ numbers)

1A - CU7
1B - CU8
1C - CU9
1D - CU10
1E - 1040U
1F - CU12
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2019, 11:47 AM   #22
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey thanks!!

Hope I never need this. Don't intend to loose the keys.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:58 AM   #23
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

This is interesting to me. And good infornation.

Here is my rxv key switch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190824_125451.jpg (200.5 KB, 0 views)
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:08 PM   #24
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Kernel for a couple of bucks I would have backup. Years ago I worked as a locksmith during my high school years and into college. One of our guys locked his keys in his work van one day and rather than call one of us to come bring him a key or just open it he broke the wing window because he figured that would be less painful than the crap we would give him. That is when he found out the wing cost 3 times as much as the regular window.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:25 PM   #25
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Kernel for a couple of bucks I would have backup. Years ago I worked as a locksmith during my high school years and into college. One of our guys locked his keys in his work van one day and rather than call one of us to come bring him a key or just open it he broke the wing window because he figured that would be less painful than the crap we would give him. That is when he found out the wing cost 3 times as much as the regular window.
100% true, the smallest window is usually the most expensive, and your cheapest option would literally be to kick in the windshield!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #26
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

4 keys
Gold lego man lego and lady dragon warrior are the 2five keys
Black lego black batman and red batwoman are the rxv keys.

Note the lego black batman operated the 2five for me to take it off the trailer. I turned the cart off and left key in switch. Then the service manager used the lego black batman to pull the 2five into the service garage.

Weird!

Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-on...w?usp=drivesdk
Old 08-24-2019, 10:42 PM   #27
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Again, ezgo lists these as unique keys but the locks are not complicated enough to distinguish that so if a key slides in a few bumps and most likely it will turn. It will slow someone down but not much.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:29 PM   #28
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I can't answer any of that, but when I had my RXV built I was told there were only six(6) variations of the "unique" key. I can't verify this but the builder who told me that has been otherwise knowledgeable and his business is substantial. EZGO has a couple of other 72v carts using the same key switch.
I spoke to ezgo today. The reason there are only (6) variations is because keys were being lost way to frequently.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:37 PM   #29
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuggyboy View Post
I spoke to ezgo today. The reason there are only (6) variations is because keys were being lost way to frequently.
That's a cool story on their part, but it's "Myth Busted" since you can't buy a new key from them, even if you have the number. Wonder what's their answer to that...... Would be "not secure", with their 6 whole key combos? (Never heard that 6 key combos thing, pretty interesting/lame)

I have a "shop keyring" that fits most any cart I may ever see, the 3 common Yamaha keys (G1-G9, G11-YDRx, U-MAX & YDRx with 3-position keyswitch), the only ezgo common key, the only common club car key, the 2 common parcar keys, the common Western key, the "old Chevy key", and a couple oddballs that are rarely seen. I ought to "knock on wood", but it's been my same keyring since I assembled it in 2007. With the same aluminum tag painted in snap-on toolbox red, "SHOP" in sharpie, & way worn-out clear coat since I made it. You have to very carefully apply clearcoat on top of sharpie to not wash it off! (The first 2 coats have to be "dusted on").

My car keyring has a hand-filed "newer yamaha" key that fits G1-G9 on one side & G11-YDRx on the other side.its a legit old Yamaha key that shows more brass than chrome, maybe one of these days ill nickel plate it & shine it up, probably not...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190826_205359320.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:21 PM   #30
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That's a cool story on their part, but it's "Myth Busted" since you can't buy a new key from them, even if you have the number. Wonder what's their answer to that...... Would be "not secure", with their 6 whole key combos? (Never heard that 6 key combos thing, pretty interesting/lame)
When the answer matched the post here I completely forgot to ask about the sale of keys. My bad.

Why, and who, I talk to there is actually the cool story.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO