lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2019, 08:58 AM   #11
Redlat1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: SPEED upgrade on a 2020 EZ GO 48 volt Lithium Ion Cart

Thanks cgtech. I am having 12" rims with 215/50-12 tires installed on the cart. The tires are 20.5" in diameter. I live near Little Rock, Arkansas and do not mind taking my cart to him for programming. It would be nice if there was somewhere closer to have this done.

I was wanting to confirm that the new 2020 EZGO Elite lithium carts speed could be increased similar to the previous year model EZGO Elite lithium carts. I was hoping nothing has changed on this new model to prevent it from having the speed increased. Thanks for your help and comments on this.
Redlat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2019, 08:28 AM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlat1 View Post
Thanks cgtech. I am having 12" rims with 215/50-12 tires installed on the cart. The tires are 20.5" in diameter. I live near Little Rock, Arkansas and do not mind taking my cart to him for programming. It would be nice if there was somewhere closer to have this done.

I was wanting to confirm that the new 2020 EZGO Elite lithium carts speed could be increased similar to the previous year model EZGO Elite lithium carts. I was hoping nothing has changed on this new model to prevent it from having the speed increased. Thanks for your help and comments on this.
Not likely that you would manage to get one with the older OS. I hate to void warrantees and such. I have always strived to preserve the warranty. No matter what they do to stop the tinkerers, they will never be able to totally stop me, as I have the ability to write my own OSs. Out of respect for Curtis and E-Z-GO, I have tried to avoid a direct conflict with them. But when a customer buys a vehicle, it is up to the customer to decide how fast or slow that vehicle can be operated. If the customer decides that they want to operate that vehicle as an LSV ot MSV, the manufacturer has no say in that decision. That is why I chose to let my NDA and contracts expire, so I could legally side with the customers. Curtis has lost its way, siding with the large OEMs instead of siding with the buyer/end user. Once the purchase is made, that is who OWNS the cart, not the OEM anymore. Even the smaller OEMs must revolt, because Curtis had decided to force the smaller OEMs to seek support from the larger OEMs, their larger competitors. When a customer fires up the EV, do they want the in-dash display to show the brand of EV they bought, or show the brand of the larger OEM that supplied a pre-packaged VCL to the smaller OEM?

Sorry about the rant, but I am sick and tired of companies that grow so large that they forget about the rights of the customer to get what they want, and try to go out of their way to force everyone to accept that as an only option.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:46 AM   #13
Redlat1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Very good comments Bob. I live in a very large private gated community with 8 golf courses that is 14 miles from one end to the other, inside the gates. Increasing the speed on the golf cart will help me a lot in getting around in this community. I hope EZGO will honor warranty on my cart if something happens to it, but I am willing to take the risk that they will not to have a cart that has acceptable speed.

I am intrigued by the thought of getting an older controller to be modified for the speed increase. Then if something failed on my golf cart I could swap back to new controller that came on it to get the cart repaired (under warranty). Not sure how to go about getting an older controller or if that is something I could swap out.
Redlat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 04:32 PM   #14
rinfurchia
Not Yet Wild

I am very interested in programming of carts with the Lithium battery packs. I have plenty of carts at Caddyshack Carts in Laquinta and would like to see what is available speed wise past my speed key, or my handheld on the stock controller.
If anyone wants to assist it would be appreciated.
rinfurchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 07:39 PM   #15
w.huffstutler@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a new 2022 ezgo RXV coming in with the 2.0 lithium battery and the larger tires. I think they are 14" rims with a 21" tire w/o lift kit. it goes 19MPH. Who can program it to 25 mile per hour that knows what they are doing for me ?. I can trailer it to you. I really do not need to go any faster then that. the only reason I want it to go 25 miles and hour is because I will be driving it on town roads marked 25 MPH and it would be nice to go the speed limit at least. street kit and seat belts are on the cart. I appreciate a response from someone who can help me out.
w.huffstutler@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO