lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #1
N8RV
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016+ LED Headlight Replacements

I've searched the archives and can't find an answer to my question: Is there really a difference in headlight assemblies from 2016 on?

I have a '17 RXV and thought it would be an easy fix to replace the old headlight bulbs with LED bulbs and have a brighter, whiter illumination at night. I bought some 50W LED 894 replacement bulbs and am disappointed -- they're definitely whiter, but they barely illuminate my way at night.

Opinions on replacement bulbs are all over the place -- some say that they're too bright, some not as bright as the halogen bulbs they replaced.

I see lots of complete headlight assemblies available online that have new bulbs and reflectors seemingly designed to function together, but they always specify 2008-2015. I parked next to a brand-new RXV today and couldn't see any differences in the shape or sizes of the cutouts.

Is there some reason why the assemblies for a 2008-15 WON'T work with my '17?
N8RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2019, 05:38 AM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2016+ LED Headlight Replacements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8RV View Post
I've searched the archives and can't find an answer to my question: Is there really a difference in headlight assemblies from 2016 on?

I have a '17 RXV and thought it would be an easy fix to replace the old headlight bulbs with LED bulbs and have a brighter, whiter illumination at night. I bought some 50W LED 894 replacement bulbs and am disappointed -- they're definitely whiter, but they barely illuminate my way at night.

Opinions on replacement bulbs are all over the place -- some say that they're too bright, some not as bright as the halogen bulbs they replaced.

I see lots of complete headlight assemblies available online that have new bulbs and reflectors seemingly designed to function together, but they always specify 2008-2015. I parked next to a brand-new RXV today and couldn't see any differences in the shape or sizes of the cutouts.

Is there some reason why the assemblies for a 2008-15 WON'T work with my '17?
I am pretty sure the only difference in the light kits from 2016-up are the tail lights.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:26 AM   #3
N8RV
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2016+ LED Headlight Replacements

Thanks for the response. I thought that perhaps they had changed the wiring or connectors in 2016. I can do without LED taillights, so I think I'll just order a couple of headlight assemblies and, if they don't fit, send them back.

Thanks again.
N8RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO