lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2019, 02:22 AM   #1
808EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default BobBoyce Still Programming?

Trying to reach to Bob Boyce, can seem to receive PM's at the moment.

Just reaching out to see if you're still reprogramming controllers. I have a stock 2016 ezgo rxv with a 235 amp fleet controller that I had sent out to get the freedom mode unlocked. Now I'm looking to upgrade it further (more speed performance). I will be adding 20x10x12 tires on 12x7 (3+4) wheels shortly. I'm debating if I should add wheel spacers. Are you're still reprogramming, what's the cost to do this?

Thanks in advance!
808EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2019, 03:49 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: BobBoyce Still Programming?

Please read the many threads about this, once you do, you will know all about it, and who to PM to get it done. Please realize he's only one person & can only get so much done (for free) in one day. That is, when he's not busy driving all around the country doing this for free on-site for the ones who can't mail their controller to him. Read up, read up, then read some more. He can't possibly do it all at one time!

I do not speak for him, but, please, he is doing what he does out of his own generous nature, and with his own free time. Please don't take what I say personally against you, it's certainly not, but it's crazy the amount of requests he has. Read up, and be patient. Give the guy a break.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:52 AM   #3
808EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow, didn't realize he was performing these for free. What a great guy, I'm sorry as my intent was not to offend anyone here. Thanks for the feedback.
808EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:18 AM   #4
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Also, Just because he offers it for free doesnt mean you shouldnt add something in the package. Pretty sure my last mail to him included a rectangular green object with Benjamin face on it.
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:18 PM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

To my knowledge, it is free when you send the controller to him and a return label as well. When on the road, to program in your cart, it is not free, but not expensive either.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:34 PM   #6
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

It takes him an hour round trip to and from the post office, we all know gas isnt free. Plus time to program. That service he provides is saving us all hundreds of dollars as opposed to replacing with a higher power controller.
I for one, would feel like a jerk not paying him for that.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:38 PM   #7
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Side note, pingeye what kinda performance are you getting out of the pq executioner? Before the lithium conversion?
Old 09-17-2019, 06:40 PM   #8
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeseman44 View Post
Side note, pingeye what kinda performance are you getting out of the pq executioner? Before the lithium conversion?
I did my lithium conversion in Oct 2015. That was with a Curtis 1268 400A controller and AMD3294 HS motor - 5HP, already installed in the cart. I got about 29mph with the settings in the Curtis for the AMD and stock 18" tires. I later did the 4" lift addition, 22" tires, transaxle upgrade to 10.3, PQ Executioner and 500A Alltrax XCT. Hits 40 when topped out. Tons of accel even with the 10.3 gears. Very stable with 1.5" F and 2" R wheel spacers. Thanks for asking

Maybe E36Racer will see this and let you know what he was hitting with his 2017 Onward and PQ Ex, before he went lithium, for comparison. Not sure what tires he had on from factory.

Sorry Folks - This thread is about Bob and programming. Sorry to go off topic.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:44 PM   #9
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Thanks. Im deciding on how i want to build a 40mph cart....i have the precedent in my signature now. Domt know whether i should build that up more, get an rxv woth the unlocked controller, or a big block gasser lol
Old 09-18-2019, 02:04 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeseman44 View Post
It takes him an hour round trip to and from the post office, we all know gas isnt free. Plus time to program. That service he provides is saving us all hundreds of dollars as opposed to replacing with a higher power controller.
I for one, would feel like a jerk not paying him for that.
A new 350a controller that still has limits on it, what he does "just as a nice guy" far exceeds anything you could even pay ezgo to do (they will not do a thing to it, besides charge you to get "freedom mode" back, it doesn't come as "freedom. Mode"), wether it's a stock controller, or the upgraded 350a controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO