lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2019, 03:30 PM   #1
Paulmac73
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo txt

I'm upgrading my TXT to 48v. I've got the controller/solenoid on the way from ScottyB. Motor is already compatible. My wife really wants the cart tomorrow evening for Halloween but I don't know what time the controller will show up tomorrow. Question is, can I just hook up to the 5th battery in the pack and run the cart for a few miles on 40v or will it fry the stock controller? Also, I know it wont be ran long but will running off only 5 batteries hurt the overall 48v pack? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Paulmac73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2019, 08:53 AM   #2
onewheelcop
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulmac73 View Post
I'm upgrading my TXT to 48v. I've got the controller/solenoid on the way from ScottyB. Motor is already compatible. My wife really wants the cart tomorrow evening for Halloween but I don't know what time the controller will show up tomorrow. Question is, can I just hook up to the 5th battery in the pack and run the cart for a few miles on 40v or will it fry the stock controller? Also, I know it wont be ran long but will running off only 5 batteries hurt the overall 48v pack? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I just did a 48v conversion on my TXT ( 8 6v batteries ). Im not a pro at this but i know what I had to do for my build. The 48v Solenoid has a resistor and diode That wont work unless you have 48v power. After changing to my Alltrax 600amp controller and the HD 400amp Solenoid my cart would only make the Solenoid click with the 36v system, and wouldn't move. So I feel pretty confident that unless you have the Full 48v's of power going to your Solenoid your cart will not budge until you do.
After re-reading your post, I may have misunderstood? Not sure what you mean by " hooking up to the 5th battery". you should have 6 batteries? or at the least 3 12v's. So I still dont understand about the 5th battery or the 40v? Unless you have already installed 6 8v batteries? If thats the case i think you would be perfectly fine on your stock controller. I see others running 42v ( 7 6v batteries ) on a 36v system with seemingly no issues.
onewheelcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO